randomaire

How to progress with lessons?

Well I have gone though the chord and mechanical stuff, tab reading, etc. and I want to go into the next phase of lessons, but here is my question.

When you click on the Lessons part it sends you to the forum, with a great list of topics and all, but when you go to the lessons, where exactly should one start? Should you just pick a song and go through that lesson? I did the lessons with the song love and all, but I'm kind of at a loss of what part of the lessons I should goto next.

Try to pick a lesson that is near your skill level. A tune your familiar with. One that has simple chord changes and a manageable tempo. The lessons aren't in any particular order so you may have to surf for a while to find one that suits you. House of the Rising Sun is popular. Capo Lane is a good one for loosening up your fingers and getting your fingers to go where you want them to. Good luck.

Thank you for the quick reply, I guess what I was looking for was like ok step 1, step 2, etc. So I would guess this is more of an open type of lessoning and not really a step by step thing. Thats what I was trying to figure out, thank you for the information. Now what song I want to pick lol. Losts of good ones.

Hi randomaire.

I don't have any step by step instructions, I'm afraid. I suggest you just start at the first measure of the tab, watch the movie to see the finger and hand positions, take it one measure at a time ... slowly build it up. I think if you do that to a couple of lessons you'll devise your own step-by-step approach which you can then apply to all of them. It will probably be better in the long run anyway ... Being self taught myself, I know the power of figuring stuff out for yourself ... it sticks forever. :)