Evolution

My not so great setup

allthumbs    8

Tones in the fingers. Any guitar ,if set up, can be played well by a good player and sound great. The old blues guys were buying sears robuck specials or whatever cheap guitars they could find and playing their hearts out. Your guitars look good to me.

Evolution    0
There's nothing wrong with Epiphones ... I've always admired them. The Black Beauty is gorgeous. I know what you mean about loving them, too. If you love them, they love you back.

I really like how the Black Beauty looks too, but it's probably the heaviest guitar I have played ;)

Kirk Lorange    128

That's right, they're like lead, aren't they, very hard on the shoulder and spine if you play standing up. My guitar strap shoulder is about half an inch higher than my other shoulder from years of standing up and playing ... and that's using a Strat, which is a lot lighter than a Les Paul.

Do yoga!

Dan Carey    0
I really like how the Black Beauty looks too, but it's probably the heaviest guitar I have played ;)

That's why I don't play them any more. The weight kills my old back! I've played some Epi Les pauls and SG's that were, in my opinion a far better value for the money.

I had a '64 SG back in '64 and it went back to Gibson FOUR times to straighten out a bridge problem. I never once had to send an Epiphone back!

Welcome to the asylum. Pull up a chair and play a song.

Dan

rwolfe12    0

Hmmmmmmm, "not that great" ??!!?? I have an Epiphone Les Paul Custom just like yours only in the vintage cherry sunburst and I love the heck out of it! He he, perhaps that was said with tongue in cheek? The guitar is a bit on the hefty side, but with a good strap it's ok, and lighter than a Gibson LP.

I've seen far more positive comments on this guitar than negative, and many of the negatives come from Gibson owners. I wish I had a Gibson too, but I'm holding off on that for a while. I haven't heard the Epi acoustics, so I can't comment on that one.

Cheers,

Ron

The guitars are not that great, but I love them :D