Clancy

So, did you miss us? :)

It's up now in any case, not been down anymore in my time..

*rummages around in the kitchen, then comes back wheeling in a trolley with food*

Here you go.. for those who missed out on the food department! :D

Guest johnny64

I was wondering what happened, at first i thought you all got rid of me or something. Nah, you could'nt possibly be that fortunate !

Down again. Bummer

Marty,

Yeah, about the time of your post it was down for me also.... But if it was down....how did you post this? :dunno::unsure::confused:

J/K :D

Jim

Hi all,

I'm new to guitar..also new to "Guitar for Beginner and Beyond". I'm making this the starting point for my guitar learning.

Well, really got a shock when i signed up and found that the site went down...Alright, now I know my fear is unnecessary.

I hope i can I can learn as much as possible here....plus possibly contribute as much as possible(of course in the later stage).

Cheers!!!

Welcome! And - now that it's back up again - you DID come to the right place to learn guitar. It's the best! :)

Jim

Woop, back up again. :D

By the way, I have to log in manually every time now... It used to be automatic, now it's not, even though I've marked "remember me" and so.

Is this supposed to be or just something temporary? :o

I disguised myself as a nun and snuck in.:yes:

Allthumbs has other worldly powers. He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been practising Plane Talk or not, and you'd better be getting good with no mistakes... :laughingg:

Yep, planetalk has locked me out again. Must be Kirk and Clancy's way of saying "a little more practice and a little less time on the forum!":whip:

Yep, planetalk has locked me out again. Must be Kirk and Clancy's way of saying "a little more practice and a little less time on the forum!":whip:

I'm locked out of the P,T. forum and the slide forum at the moment. I still have to come in the back door here. It seems to come and go. My server says there is nothing they can do and it is a matter of waiting till all the reroutes on the new server are done. I don't understand the intermittent access though.

My automatic login has been working here both before and after the upgrade - no hitches at all!

Pretty seamless upgrade other than the downtime - no forums lost, no member accounts locked out....I'd have to call that a success! :) Good job, Clancy!

Thanks Stratrat!

Just to clarify things for those who are still having problems, this is how it went. I closed the forums down on the old server so that no new posts were able to be made there. I switched the nameservers so that they now pointed to the new server where the forums were copied and left open... as soon as you found the open forums, you could post as you were reaching the new server. The old server was still up and running, but the forums were left closed as we didn't want some members posting there and some here. We wanted all new posts on the new server.

So, you're not locked out of anywhere... you're just being redirected to the old server still... if you are getting intermittent outages, this means it's just trying to resolve itself.

Have patience! They do say it's a virtue after all. :) It apparently can take up to 72 hours to fully resolve, although I have never experienced this, but I guess it can happen.

Clancy

Kittie, I can't see how your login problem has anything to do with the move.

I was away for work and tried logging on with my laptop and thought it was the motel connection ..

Oh well went webb surfing instead did ya know Hilch was a medi evil Ogre ?

Neither did I till that night , it ended up being a good thing for as I learnt something

lol

Its' good to have ya back

Trev......