Clancy

Server upgrade/move

We'll be upgrading our server and be moving the site over the next day or two... there may be some downtime and we may need to close the forum down for a while at some stage... not exactly sure when that will be, but if we're not online, that's what's happening.

See you on the other side. Hopefully in one piece.

Clancy

I will be able to sleep tonight. I was in emerg from 7p.m. to 4 a.m. this morning with my wife. She is fine now. I hope I am asleep when the board changes over. Can't eat breakfast without surfing the board.

Glad she's okay. How much of that was waiting time?

About 6 hours were waiting while 2 hours were active. That isn't bad for us. We usually average 12 to 14 hours.

Glad she is OK AT...

How did the move go CLancy? I hope it is finnished...

Ooops just saw you posted this about 7 hours ago... so i guess the move is not complete then...

I have the utmost faith nothing will go awry. Clancy's just too good! Beside she knows 'ow to give them network geeks 'ell.

Oh. and the beer thing? If we can swing a 1.5 gallon per hour Beer Pipe from OzLand to the Boondocks, then I'm game!

I have the utmost faith nothing will go awry. Clancy's just too good! Beside she knows 'ow to give them network geeks 'ell.

Oh. and the beer thing? If we can swing a 1.5 gallon per hour Beer Pipe from OzLand to the Boondocks, then I'm game!

:yeahhh: to Clancy but "NAUGHTY LES" about the beer (don't ya know we're all tea-totallers in NI:angry:) :clap: :clap:

..... ah Misty. I have met but one true Irish Lady in my life time. You are she. And I cherish the friendship. However, there is nothing to stand in my way of a stout when available........ except the Mrs. And she knows how to clout me when I've too many stout in me. ;)

....Friends, in your life I hope you do four things; lie, steal, cheat, and drink. When you lie,do it to save a friend. When you steal, steal someone's heart. When you cheat, cheat death. And when you drink, drink with me! ...Jim Bryant

Hmmm ... an outgoing pipe with free beer from Oz. It would be viewed as the life blood of the country draining away and cause a national panic. Ye Gods ... NO! The whole place could sink! :dunno:

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence Les!... but I'm still waiting on some things to finalize the move, so we're not out of the woods yet!

As for giving those network geeks 'ell... well I have tried that in the past, but you know what those freakin' geeks are like... the more hell you give 'em the less they wind up doing for ya. :)

Clancy