ra_in

Behringer UB802 vs. Xenyx 802

Bandpass filtering means that you allow a particular range of frequencies to pass, while attenuating the others. Notch implies that you are selecting a range of frequencies to attenuate and allowing those above and below that range to pass. I.E. a "notch" in the middle. According to the article you should notch filter the guitar signal in a range of frequencies that the vocals occupy.

Hi All,

I was in a dilemma as to what to buy of the stuff recommended by the fellow GFB/THS posters...(or to buy all it :crying2:) Was kindof decided on UB1002FX (one that fly uses) as it also provides effects...

Then came across this "musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-Magicstomp-II-Guitar-Effects-Processor?sku=151560" at musician's friend sellling for $80. Couldn't resist the temptation and ordered (impulse buy I'd say)...would be delivered next week sometime...

How is this? :dunno: Did I make a mistake? Reviews were kinda good though!!! :dunno:

(Magicstomp-II has quite a few effects/USB Connection for selecting FX/headphone out. Headphone connection I am planning to feed into the line-in of my sound board...think it should work fine!)

powe6563: Thanks for answering the original question about UB802 and Xenyx finally. Alas, my local guitar center folks were not so helpful. Purchase of Behringer shall have to wait a couple of months...and congrats on the purchase...keep rocking!

Regards,

RA_IN

I haven't ever used the magicstomp so I may not be corresct here, but it seems to me you should be able to go through the usb port to your computr and not have to use the headphone jack to soundcard connection.:dunno: It should come with some software to install too. I would do a little research on the software to see how it can interface with the recording program(s) you use. It also has a stereo 1/4" output so you could get a Y adapter(2 1/4" males to 1 1/8" Female) and connect it to the soundcard that way without using your phone jack. The reason I say this is because usually the phones can usually be used along with the other outputs as a monitor.

Hope this helps, the box sounds like a good effects/preamp solution for you. :winkthumb:

ra_in, I'm curious to hear about your Magicstomp when you get it. I'm thinking about picking one up as well. Just put my GuitarPort on Craigslist for $50, and I may put my Digitech RP300A on the list as well. What I like about the Magicstomp is that you are supposed to be able to deep edit all the settings on the computer and download them to the stomp. The GP has to always be tethered to the computer, and the RP300A must be edited with some awkward controls.

Well I sold my RP300A for $100 on Craigslist and ordered a Magicstomp. I really wasn't thrilled with the ergonomics of the RP300A. On order to bypass you have to push two buttons at the same time. And I wasn't really happy with the sounds I was getting with it. I like the prospect of the Magicstomp being able to deep edit the tones on the computer and loading them into the unit.

Had no bites on the Line 6 GuitarPort so I started playing around with it again this weekend. I hadn't really spent much time with it except playing with the built-in presets. Turns out that I am really impressed with the amp and cabinet modeling of the GP. Screw the Fx's I just wish I could disconnect the GP from the computer and use it as an amp modeler. If the Magicstomp has amp modeling as good as the GP I'll be really happy. The RP300A amp models really didn't stack up to the GP .