SlowFingers1

SlowFingers' Setup

Both guitars are great value for the money. Good choice. Some folks are put off by the cedar top of the seagulls because they say it makes the sound to bright,but i think that is just a matter of taste.

Both guitars are great value for the money. Good choice. Some folks are put off by the cedar top of the seagulls because they say it makes the sound to bright,but i think that is just a matter of taste.

I bought a blemished Seagull S6+ a couple years back. I never could find the flaw.

I had it set up to play on DADGAD tuning but I just really never got "into it". A friend heard it and loved it one day and offered to buy it on the spot. He still has it and loves it. The cedar top really makes it growl!

Dan

I thought Cedar was the standard for most acoustic guitars? I also heard they do a very complicated finishing process that takes 5 days or so to complete on the seagulls.

You may be thinking of spruce, much more common.

The Seagull is the spruce top guitar in that picture. The Larrivee is a mahogany top. The nice thing about the Gull is that it is short scale. I have long fingers, but still have trouble making the stretch for some of the things I like to play. The shorter scale of the Seagull makes it a bit easier to do.