How do you tune your guitar?

How do you tune your guitar(s)?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you tune your guitar(s)?

• By ear
    • Tuning fork
    • Guitar tuner
    • Other

So.. how DO you tune it? I checked the other polls and haven't seen it yet (or I must have been blind, then kindly kick me to that topic ;) ).

I use a tuner (London City GT-303 if you were wondering). I cannot tune another way, simply because I am over half deaf on both ears and can't hear the differences properly.

How do you tune the guitar(s)?

I use a qwik-tune QT11 electric tuner for a start, and then check the harmonics to get that final sweetness (they will howl at you if even slightly out)

I use my Digitech RP50 for the initial tuneup and play it be ear after that. Now that I have a modeling amp with efx I no longer need the efx on the Digitech, in fact they sound rather crappy. I keep getting termpted to put in on Ebay and go back to a little pitch pipe dealie.

So long as I've got it in the ball park with an electronic tuner, then I like to think I can usually tweak it to sound a little better by using my ears, if that makes any sense.

I use a Korg CA-30 chromatic tuner. Or the built in tuner on my multi-fx (saves un plugging and swapping around, plus its lit and easier to read in the dark)

And I use harmonics to polish here and there

i tune by ear using distortion,but thats usually assuming that my low e is tune. if its not and i dont have a tuner, i play heartbreaker and tune it by that.

I voted "tuner", but I have used all the methods, including riding the elevator up and down at a busy restaurant so we could hear to tune to a harmonica.

I just bought a tuner (Korg CA-30), so I use that now....but prior to that it's always been relative tuning by ear. If I needed concert pitch I'd dig up a tuner on the internet and tune the low E string, then do everything else by ear. Before the internet, I'd just tune one note to a song and then go by ear.

Yeah I use a Korg GA-30, it gets me through the tuning quicker than by trying to keep the ear up with it. Plus Im getting older, ears don't hear like they used to, so I leave it up to technology.

...Plus Im getting older, ears don't hear like they used to, so I leave it up to technology.

LOL....I hear ya! My hat is off to anybody who can "hear" a note in their mind and tune to concert pitch without needing some sort of external reference.....I could never do it.

I have a BOSS TU-15. Cost the earth and just doesn't seem to do the job very well. I get much better results using the software that came with my POD-XT (GuitarPort). Anyone else had any problems with the offering from BOSS?

I can tune a guitar yet I can not tuna fish:brickwall:

:laughingg:

I have a Boss tuner, but for some reason whever I tune my guitars, I'm never really satisfied with the result. Maybe I need a strobe tuner.