Sign in to follow this  
allthumbs

the mail guys ate my radiator.

can you believe it? I am 0 for two. UPS dinged my alleykat and the post office just dinged my godin radiator. I opened the box to find there was a chunck out of the top edge the size of 1/2 a dime. I looked further and found that the gig bag that came with it had been punctured by the bottom strap button as well as going through the bottom of the box. Can you imagine how fast that guitar had to decelerate to punch through heavy nylon as well as the box? The truck must have slammed its' brakes on at 30 mph or better for that to happen. The store is going to replace my second hand one $235 with a mint radiator $346. Once again I made out like a bandit. Alleykat $500 my cost= 0, Godin Radiator $346 my cost=$235. Total. 2 new guitars= $235. I love the math. The only downside is the wait for the replacement.

I got to play the radiaror for a few days before shipping it back. It shipped with 10s and a low action so it didn't get a good workout but, from what I have heard so far it's gonna be a killer slide guitar.

Rotten luck. As I type, I'm awaiting the delivery of my new axe, and now you've given me something really nasty to worry about! :(

You should be safe if you don't live north of the border. There seems to be a huge speed bump at the borderline that eats guitars. Course, I just heard about a guy whose guitar was delivered to the wrong address by UPS. Happy dreams :lol: