manwithaplan

Whats in your CD player?

starsailor    20

I've been listening to Big Audio Dynamite, Bjork, The Clash, the Velvet Underground, Mumford and Sons, and Jessie J, over the last few days I've also been checking out Laura Marling a new Folk singer over here and Imelda May, even dragged out Jefferson Airplane Surrealistic Pillow the other day, great band.

GotDeeBlues    3

A lot of Jazz lately. Especially horn men like Lester Young, Chris Botti, Dave "Fathead" Newman.

I have all my music as WMA's on a separate HD, and will quite often just let it run shuffle play. And with over 85 gigs and 1000 hr + on the drive you never know what you'll hear. But with all the technology I miss the big old LP jackets!

carol m    64

Today I was listening to Sheraton's cover of Santana's Feeling Bad Blues, some Elbow which I hadn't listened to for ages, and some Jeffrey Foucault - he has some free samples of his soon to be released album at his website - here's one of his from youtube - what guitar is he playing? It's tiny.

GotDeeBlues    3

Looks like a Mini or Little Martin

I think more like an 0 or 00 in the 15 or 16 model range rather than a Little Martin. A bit of a quality difference between them.

starsailor    20

I heard this trio do a little interview and a song on Breakfast TV this morning so decided to check them out a bit more. They record all their music on 1940's, 50's recording equipment, don't use computers, Lewis even presses his own 78's don't see many of them anymore. Here's a tune and a little bit about them if you like them :leadguitar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Daisy_%26_Lewis

Cheers

Chris

ffrandy    0

My kids have discovered my KISS and AC/DC cds. My son's favorite is "God of Thunder" from the Destroyer album. We listened to AC/DC before the kids football games. Their "fire up" song was Thunderstruck. As for me, I've been listening to Eric Johnson and anything by SRV.