manwithaplan

Whats in your CD player?

carol m    64

Until I discovered GFB&B it was random play of mainly Bruce Cockburn, Chris Smither, Leonard Cohen, Dylan, Kelly Joe Phelps. Gillian Welch, Tom Waits, Pink Floyd, Ali Farka Toure, Death Cab for Cutie, Rev Gary Davies, Jackson Browne, Steve Earle, Salif Keita, Joni Mitchel, Lightnin' Hopkins, Sufjan Stevens, Martha Wainwright, Natalie Merchant, Patty Griffin, Midnight Oil and Coldplay (nobody's perfect).

Now I either don't have time, or I listen to GFB Radio :D

ozboomer    0

Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan, Organs in Orbit (Ultra Lounge), Apollo (Brian Eno), Shangri-La (Mark Knopfler), Amarantine (Enya), Grand Canyon Suite (Grofe/Isao Tomita)... all in rotation across a few CD and MP3 players this week...

Stratrat    0

No more CD's in my changer - I recently got satellite radio and am absolutely LOVING it! I switch between a lot of different genres/channels, and am hearing songs that go WAY beyond what's currently in my collection.....deeper cuts off of albums, artists I've never listened to before, etc.....and best of all, no commercials!

I've always liked blues, but never had any albums/CDs and don't really know any of the artists by name.....switch to the blues channel and it's like a whole new door has been opened for me. The variety and diversity is truly awesome. iTunes and my iPod have been "on vacation" because my own collection of music can't even begin to compare.

Andy S    9

Ok, I think I'd already replied to this one, but!!! I downloaded Peter Framptons new album last night, from itTunes. It's called "Fingerprints". It's all instrumentals. Really good stuff.

Lots of melodic lines, you can almost hear lyrics! Really enjoying it!

I would give it a n8, maybe even a 9 out of 10.

Highly recommended!! :thumbup:

coldethyl    0
Ok, I think I'd already replied to this one, but!!! I downloaded Peter Framptons new album last night, from itTunes. It's called "Fingerprints". It's all instrumentals. Really good stuff.

Lots of melodic lines, you can almost hear lyrics! Really enjoying it!

I would give it a n8, maybe even a 9 out of 10.

Highly recommended!! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing that Andy!:winkthumb: I must check it out. Is it out on CD yet?

Andy S    9
Thanks for sharing that Andy!:winkthumb: I must check it out. Is it out on CD yet?

Yeh, it's out on CD, but the cheapest I saw it was Borders Boos and they wanted $13.98 for it. My kid reminded me that I could always burn my own CD for the car if I downloaded it from iTunes. And it was only $9.98. You don't get the album liner & notes, though. They did include a booklet that has one of the songs completely tabbed out .

iTunes and Yahoo music allow you to make , I think, 1 or 2 copies for your private use.

When I read the details for Yahoo music, I know I read 2 copies allowed. They're probably thinking about CDs for cars and MP3 player usage. I'm guessing. My son told me iTunes has a similar policy.

So, I figured save $5, no tax, no shipping, burn it legally for the car CD player. And go online to read the liner notes.

But , yeh, the music , I think, is really good.

Frampton was more famous for his live album,with all the singing and the "image" thing. But according to a bio on him on TV, he really wanted to focus on his playing. When SRV left David Bowies tour just prior to that tour starting, Bowie called Frampton to fill in. According to the interview, he felt he was playing some of his best around that time.

This album lets him shine!!:smilinguitar:

Perhaps one day I'll bump into him, now that he lives in Cincinnati....'cept he lives over on the ritzy, east side of town. I'm in the middle class NW area. Ah well!

You can listen to snippets of each song on line. Give it a listen.