tangster

Midi to Finale??

Is it possible to open a midi file downloaded from Guitar for Beginners... into Finale? When I try, the tempo, note quantization and clef signs are all wacky. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Hi Tanster,

Are you talking about the midi file or the Guitar Pro file?

The midi files are exported from Guitar Pro but they should just be like any other midi file (as far as I know anyway). Maybe if you are having problems and have downloaded the midi file not the attached Guitar Pro file, you could ask for support at the finale site.

Clancy

Clancy

Hey

yes you can open the midi file in Finale, but it needs to be quantized. Midi timing is too accurate for mere people...

There are options in Finale for you to set the quantization/display of the midi file. Have a look at those, and adjust the settings accordingly. It can take a few goes to get it right, but Finale is an excellent programme for dealing with midi files.

Hey

yes you can open the midi file in Finale, but it needs to be quantized. Midi timing is too accurate for mere people...

There are options in Finale for you to set the quantization/display of the midi file. Have a look at those, and adjust the settings accordingly. It can take a few goes to get it right, but Finale is an excellent programme for dealing with midi files.

Cool, I knew someone would come up with a response to this. There's not much here that can't be answered by someone... which is great!

Thanks Scotty.

Clancy

Scotty...

Thank you for your reply. I experimented with the quantization settings in Finale and achieved a better result. However, I have not been able to eliminate all of the bugs. In the process, I discovered that a midi file from Guitar for Beginners....can be flawlessly and easily imported into PowerTab. While I enjoy the "power" of Finale, I don't always appreciate its complexity.

Thanks again for your help...