• Dunno? I pick it up and put it down all day
    • 30 minutes
    • 1 hours
    • 2 hours
    • 3 hours
    • 4 hours
    • 5 hours or more

D-Dawn    0

I try to get at least 4 hours in through out the day...with kids out of school for summer

break I don't get my usual 6 :(...lol...school starts back Aug 4~ then I'll get back into it!! I get time in the morning mostly before anyone else is up...a few here and there during daylight hours and the evening is when I just play to hear myself play...

Ok so it isn't all strict regimented practice...a lot of it is just playing and going back over what I already have learned so I don't forget it!! ;)

That might sound like a lot of time to some, but it is my current obsession (and I admit it!) and I know people who get even more time in than me! :leadguitar: I've only missed playing 2 days in the past 6 months!...that I can remember....I'm afraid that if I put it down for too long...I'll forget what i am supposed to do with it! LoL

mrhev    0

I try to do at least an hour every evening and anywhere from 2 to 4 hours on and off

on the weekends. It's been 5 months and I'm seeing some real improvement with some

help here on the forum and the PT forum too. It becomes more fun with improvement

too.

David

coldethyl    0

My practise time varies considerably. But recently it's been rather spasmodic to say the least. 30 min one day, nothing the next, sort of thing.

I'm sort of going through a bit of a phase at the moment. This time last year I was a big advocate of practise, practise, practise. But the last 3 months has been a bit of a downward slide for me emotionally which has taken it's toll on my playing enjoyment.

CanuckTodd    0

Probably 30 minutes or so would be about right. More some nights, less others. But since joining this place, and all the great insights I'm finding here, it's cutting into my guitar playing time!

Bennett    0

About one hour on average I'd say.

But since joining this place, and all the great insights I'm finding here, it's cutting into my guitar playing time!

Ain't that the truth! So much to do, and read, and learn, and enjoy ... and so little time to do it in. :(

John Burr    0

3 to 4 hours every evening, way more on weekends. Not all of it is real focused practice though. I do two one hour sets of pure practice every night FIRST! Then I am free to work on existing repertoire, maybe some new songs, maybe some playing along with some CDs or just singing or writing something new. I can't seem to help myself, it is just so dogonned addictive...

BSR

Misty2u    0

Wow.........you guys have a lot of time :D. If I'm lucky......30 minutes........sometimes only 3/4 times per week. Really wish I'd more time but I'd have to stop eating, sleeping, working (if only..*sigh*), cleaning, spending time with the family, etc, etc, etc. Perhaps I'll improve when I'm old (er) and retired :)

Guest johnny64   
Guest johnny64

I'm fortunate enough to get approximately 2 hours a day on the weekdays with mabey one day nothing, however , on the weekend I play constantly. I'd have to figure that i get in about close to 24 hrs. a week. The more time i spend in these forums is killing preacious time ! Peace all. :D

Guest johnny64   
Guest johnny64
i got nothing to do lol so i play all day

Must be nice man. Are you in the slammer?

Guest johnny64   
Guest johnny64
LOL yea well no job, no gf but hey im not complaining!!!!:winkthumb::guitardude:

That's great bloke, wish i could play guitar all day my ownself.

Sakewaste    0

to me i tend to just pick it up everyday at any given time and practice. I dont know i just dont have a time frame of how much i practice.

so i would guess that if i''m in a good mood i tend to pratice for more then one hour everytime i pick it and if i'm not more like 20 mins or so.

ha i also dont have a lot going for me in life right now so its all i have ( that and video games) XD