allthumbs

cigarbox amp

cayenne    0
just came back from radio shack, got most of the parts for $16.00, had the capacitors one of the switches and resistor, gonna build it in a speaker box, have an old cassette player - radio and the cassette doesnt work, but it has nice sounding spkrs, will take some pic's as i make it

chuck

ps, radio shack is not the cheapest place to buy the parts, can prob get them for half or less from mail order

Think you could make a tube version of this??

:-)

cayenne    0
Here ya go, shipped to your door for $100...

Epiphone Valve Jr. Head (can't post urls for some reason

Heheh...strangely enough...I have 2 of them!!

:-)

I saw them at this cheap price, and figured once I get settled down in a more perm place to live again (New Orleans refugee), I'm going to get a couple of nice cabs..maybe matching 2x12's of some type, and run these 2 epi heads in stereo off my PodXT. I've read good things about these little heads...they don't stay clean very long, but, I like that dirty tube sound...and figured it would be neat to play them in stereo..get good sweeping effects...stereo chorus...and figured the leslie rotating cabs sims would be fun....

I've ordered these and put them in storage till I can use them, but, a friend of mine got one and is running it through his 15" bass speaker of an Ampeg base amp (by passing the ampeg amp)...and man, that little sucker sounds GREAT.

At $99 tax free shipped to your door...hard to go wrong with this little head unit.

cayenne

fly135    5

I have one running into a closed-back cab with a 12" Vox GSH12-30 speaker. I'm not sure if it would be better with a open back, but I have a Marshall combo amp that I got cheap as it needs a little work. I'm going to put another GSH12-30 that I have in it and try it as it's open-back.

cayenne    0
I have one running into a closed-back cab with a 12" Vox GSH12-30 speaker. I'm not sure if it would be better with a open back, but I have a Marshall combo amp that I got cheap as it needs a little work. I'm going to put another GSH12-30 that I have in it and try it as it's open-back.

Let me know how that turns out....I might be interested in doing something like that myself. Did you build the first cab yourself?

C :winkthumb:

cayenne    0
This is the same cab I bought off eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-1x12-Guitar-Cabinet-empty-Black-cane-BK_W0QQitemZ230001068720QQihZ013QQcategoryZ10171QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe should have bought a 2x12 but worried about size and space in the room.

Thanks for the tip..I'll keep a look out for these. I'd been looking at speakers cabs from a company called avatar, that I see on eBay quite often. I'm not able yet to post urls...but, take out the spaces and check them out at their regular site:

www . avatarspeaker . com

They look similar to the ones in the link you posted....

C