6string

Lesson Poll

Should we a poll to vote on possible new lessons?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we a poll to vote on possible new lessons?

• Yes
    • No
    • not sure
    • 6string go home!

P.S. this poll is set up such that if you don't post a message your vote counts but you are an anonymous voter. If you post a message then your message shows up but your vote is still private, unless its obvious - like your the only person who voted.

"So what you're saying is that if someone is cheeky enough to vote for 6string go home! you won't know who it is "

But if you're really nice to Clancy then she might tell you. :P

Unless she's the one that voted cough... cough

=toxicity

But if you're really nice to Clancy then she might tell you. :P

Unless she's the one that voted cough... cough

Yes I am aware of the power of the Forum Goddess :D

Hi Guys...

Although I think voting on a lesson is kind of a cool idea I still voted no.

Kirks choice of lessons is, in my opinion, what makes this site great.

You can find sweet child o mine and other popular pop/rock type stuff anywhere online.....this place is a cut above due to Kirks musical taste.

I think the suggestions forum is great.... feedback is important. Having new ideas helps Kirk alot I'm sure but I trust in him to have the final say in lesson choices :-)

my $0.02

Jason

basically Kirk still gets to pick, he decides the choices to choose from, if he doesn't

want to do/or think a song is appropriate he won't list it in the choices, he doesn't even have to take any of our suggestions, he has complete veto power (2nd to Clancy that is :D)

Hi Guys...

Although I think voting on a lesson is kind of a cool idea I still voted no.

Kirks choice of lessons is, in my opinion, what makes this site great.

You can find sweet child o mine and other popular pop/rock type stuff anywhere online.....this place is a cut above due to Kirks musical taste.

I think the suggestions forum is great.... feedback is important. Having new ideas helps Kirk alot I'm sure but I trust in him to have the final say in lesson choices :-)

my $0.02

Jason

I hear what your saying Jason. I doubt Kirk will stop doing his own thing. I would expect a mix of his choice of lessons as well as ours. Some of our suggestions may have awkward chord changes or just not translate well into fingerstyle so I wouldn't worry about that happening. I also like the wide variety of tunes offered.

Maybe the last lesson of the month could be a "members choice" lesson....giving us the month to vote on it.

I do like many of the suggestions offered up so far.....most I, and perhaps Kirk, may never have thought of.

Can I change my vote....lol

Seems my "no" vote is in the minority anyway. I'll be here no matter what the out come!

Kirk's site(s)have only gotten better (something I did not think possible) since I found them about one year ago. And I inturn have never gotten so much fun out of my guitars either!

Jason

I'm closing this poll now as we've now taken it as the "Yes" vote coming out in front and we have started a poll to vote on your lesson suggestions... the first lesson poll is here if you want to vote.

We'll be continuing with this, so still make your song suggestions in the suggest a lesson forum and every so often we'll start a new poll to allow members to have their say on what song they would like to see as Kirk's next finger picking lesson. We will also put in the poll song suggestions we have to get some idea on how much of a demand there might be for a particular song before Kirk goes ahead with it.

We won't be putting any song suggestions in the poll that wouldn't be appropriate for a finger style guitar lesson.

The lesson suggestions are a great help. It's hard to come up with new ideas every week, so keep the suggestions coming.

I'm not closing this thread, so continue to post if you like, it's just the poll I'm closing.

Cheers

Clancy

Question- did you have to close it or did the poll expiry date close it?

I think it was for sometime on the 23rd.

I didn't have to close it but I thought because we'd decided that we'd go with the yes vote and go with the real lesson poll, it might seem to confusing to have it open still... also thought it best not to let anyone have the chance to send you home 6string :)

:D

what I meant is the poll had its own expiry date which was sometime on the 23rd

hehe, I know what you meant. I closed it early, but I won't do it again. I promise :)