I think the chat needs a beep or something, like IM, when people join and/or post a new message. That way we can hear it if the window is in the back while we are surfing the other wonderful content here. I only get a sound when I first join, then nothing.

:smilinguitar: Hey while we are making suggestions, (and creating work for Clancy! :reallymad: ) how about functionality for webcam tomfoolery so people can show off their guitar gear / recording set up / show how they chord certain songs, and even jam together virtually? :guitardude: :guitardude:

Ok Clancy, feel free to bring us blue sky thinkers back to earth here! :escape:

i think they said they are worried about bandwith with the chat.they said no problems with it yet but adding webcams and voice cht and things like that might take up more space.and more bandwith means more money and since they keeping it pretty much free and doing this all on donations they might have to have a membership fee if they have to do all that.but it would be sweet id pay 5or so a month to stay on this site and have the extras included.i like it here that much.i dont know if im correct in this comment seems like it makes sense.but im also happy with the way it is.would be cool to have a few beeps though for the postings.

Ok, I've enabled the receive message sound. Anyone who has been in the chat room in the last little while will probably have to clear their Flash cookies to get the sounds to work. This post takes you through the steps to do that. It's not the same as just clearing your browser cookies.

Todd, At this stage I'm not sure how we could set up a webcam (chat room) but maybe sometime in the future we can get something like that going... maybe using an external provider. It's a good idea though!

... and krissovo, 6string is right. Everyone is friendly in the chat... and even patient if you're one of the ones here who's not a fast typer/typist. :) You should give it a try. It really is fun!!

Cheers

Clancy

... and kosovo, 6string is right. Everyone is friendly in the chat... and even patient if you're one of the ones here who's not a fast typer/typist. :) You should give it a try. It really is fun!!

Cheers

Clancy

Hmmm... I have no idea to whom you may be referring...!!! :dunno:

Tapity...Tap...Tap...Tap...

:yeahhh:

Cool, what is the best time to jump in?

Always seems empty when I look who is in there. Must have something to do with with me being 5 to 10 hours ahead of you guys and girls

Cool, what is the best time to jump in?

Always seems empty when I look who is in there. Must have something to do with with me being 5 to 10 hours ahead of you guys and girls

Well there's a couple in there now. Jump in if you're around.

Clancy

Thanks for the feedback Clancy,

I understand there are "resource constraints" to use boring accounting speak. But hey, you folks are on the ball when it comes to introducing new features all the time that make this place more dynamic and interesting. So, I'm sure one day in the not too distant future there will be a text chat and a web chat room. Maybe you can make it for paying members only to help recoup some of the costs. Just a thought. Ideas are free. It's the implementation that's a killer!