Chaotic Kittie

Favourite RHYTHM guitarist?

personally i don't see it as rhythm and lead i just see it as playing

guitar, all music has to have rhythm ..... to my taste at least

that said angus/malcolm young

Hmmm..where to start? Emily Saliers, how about Ed Roland or John Rzeznik? OR Roger McGuinn, or even Bruce Springsteen. This is a real thought provoking poll/question that could go on forever. I agree that rythm guitar tends to be the red headed stepchild of our craft, and that for no good reason. Developing a good solid strum and having the ability to ALTER that strum to fit different parts of a song is a skill that takes years to perfect. Lots of guitarists sort of blur the line here by playing both rythm and lead very well. Keith Richards was mentioned and he"s a great example, as is his bandmate Ron Wood. Good post Kittie. :winkthumb:

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this guy's been mentioned before because I never read back through the whole thread.

My vote for one of the best and probably the most influential of rhythm guitarists:

Nile Rodgers.

He formed Chic back in 1976 but that style of 'disco' guitar later crossed over into all kinds of rock and dance music. He worked later with Bowie and Madonna. Brian May from Queen was heavily influenced by this guy.

YouTube - Chic with Nile Rodgers - Le Freak

That's my vote. Gordon.:yes:

For a man churning out a whole lot of sound,with no lead guitarist, I'd have to say that U2's The Edge takes some beating for pounding out consistently great backings.

Malcom Young is the first one to come to mind when I think rhythm guitar. His little brother may get all the props, but he tows the line and makes sure Angus always sounds good.