Chaotic Kittie

Favourite RHYTHM guitarist?

I'd have to throw in another vote for Keith "Riff-Hard" Richard's. Open G on a 5 string telecaster....

My favorite sound from him though, is the driving riff he has going on the live version of Midnight Rambler on Get Your Ya Ya's Out album....that mean, nasty driving riff that just keeps going on and on....I wish I knew of a way to reproduce the tone on that song...actually that whole album !!

I'd read he was using some kind of Ampeg amps....and often, some kind of clearn acryllic guitar that was out at the time...but, don't know much more about that...

Man...loved that sound....

I to must say maclom young i hear hes better at playing than angus is though? believe it? or not?

Malcolm has a lot more control over his playing than Angus has, both leadwise and rhythmwise. Technically, that is. Angus isn't a very strong player technically, but his playful and creative mind pays off for that, not to mention his extremely charismatic apperance. ^.^ Most of the riffs are Malcolms work too. Aaaah, "it's a long way to the top"... gotta be one of the simplest riffs in existence, and yet it is so powerful and brilliant.

Yea, great suggestions... Pete Townsend gets two big thumbs up, so do SRV, SLV and Knopfler :) Also, Hendrix never ceases to amaze me. Also don't forget RHCP's John Frusciante. He can lay down some pretty cool and funky stuff :)

Well this is a dated opinion and from an earlier generation, but my vote goes to Glen Campbell. Before he became a "Star" in his own right, he made tons and tons of money as a studio musician backing many great performers of that time. He can still get in some pretty hot licks on a guitar. Rythm or lead.

Many votes have gone to Keef (Cap'n Jack Black)Richards and I think that is a fair call. However Keef is the student. Arguably the best riff he is known for is Honky Tonk Women. The master, Ry Cooder, gave him that one for free so my vote goes to Ry Cooder. Or was it Dicky Betts or Pete Townsend....:dunno: There are many greats in different genres. Fun trying to work it out though.

Gordon

i think that Django Reinhardt Brother Joseph Reinhardt is the best

He was one of the first important jazz rhythm guitarists to be born in Europe

Richie Blackmore

Gosh, I forgot about him... shame on me.

I'm a real big Blackmore fan, and he's really lovely both rhythm and lead. His melodic style is really wonderful. Thanks for putting him back into my memory and Hall of Fame.:winkthumb:

its all about sam totman for me. he can play everything hernan can (although it is a little slower) and plays some kick bottom riffs. the guy is amazin!!!