USGold

I'm Sorry But This is Just Wrong

Looks like they're made for girls. "Les Paul Vixen", "lightweight body", "Foxy Guitar". Ain't no guy short of "Queer Eye FTSG" gonna be caught holding one of those.

What happened to the neck inlays, the tone/vol controls? The whole thing looks cheapo! And a Les Paul that comes with just a gig bag? Gimme a break...

Gibson originally put the name "Les Paul" on the SG - and I like the SG - but Les didn't and he insisted they remove his name from it - and so they did. I hope this one doesn't kill him (I've just met him recently and he deserves better than this! :crying2: )

Jim

I see a blow out sale in MFs future. The off purple ones don't look to horrible but, you'd need to look really manly in your spandex to pull it off. Have you ever seen a heavy rocker chick into pastels. What were they thinking.

at least the other model they are marketing for "girls" comes in relatively cool colors and finishes--see the LP Goddess--if they made these things in real colors i bet they'd sell gazillions---who wouldn't want a lighter LP?

Corona Yellow? Caribbean Blue? Coral?? Sounds like the names for the colors of bathroom towels!! :ohmy:

And like Allthumbs said, ever see a rocker chick with pastels? Ok, maybe one of the twins my 11 year old daughter watches...Ali and what'shername, AJ...her sister.

And did anyone notice , the bridge is a wraparound?

Not the regular tune-a-matic. :confused:

Give 'em about a year and Musicians Friend will drop the price a whopping $30 and have a blowout sale!! :yawn:

I also heard recently that due to financial Obligations, Gibson is gonna start being a "brand" guitar for Guitar Center & MF. They will have more "exclusive" models only available there. Oh for days of yor!! :crying:

Well, Fender were pushing their new Hello Kitty range, pretty hard. I guess you'd have to say that was aimed at younger girls too. Hardly a mention of it on their website currently though. I wonder if somebody's had second thoughts about the market?

Look at it this way--if your going to pay 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-1k or more for a guitar--do you really want something that may have limited re-salability in a few years?-or a traditional that you know is going to hold it's value---some of those hello kitty's sell for around 4oo$---same price as a standard tele or strat--wihich one you gonna choose?----bet most women(female) players want the classic finishes too.

I think they guitar makers are realizing that there are women who play :guitardude: . Women might not like owning a flaming red or black guitar.

We all know how much women hate wearing red and black (NOT);)

shawna-did you look at these guitars on the link--somethings just should not be allowed to be done--like desacrating LP's with these types of colors

LMAO---just for the record shawna and I continued this discussion later via telephone--we agreed -as soon as she learns to play a guitfiddle -she can buy one of these abortions

If someone gave me one--I'm afraid that the next day out would come the can of spray paint---even primer grey would be be better than those awfull pastels---if the colors had some depth that would be one thing-but these flat finishes look like housepaint.