Yarr

Purchasing guitar equipment via. eBay

USGold    0

yeah--read below AT--he didn't like the colors available that way--MF offers free ship to canada on many items---I never considered the freakin customs charge though.

Yarr    0
I Don't think MF has free shipping to Canada

they don't

so you have to factor in the outrageous U.P.S. brokerage fees as well as customs plus exchange rate and taxes.

how exactly do I do that? :dunno:

allthumbs    8
Ok it appears MF has some sort of operation in canada also--at the top of most pages is a link with a maple leaf. try this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation?N=100001+304262+500194

I just read that link. The only difference is now they ship more stuff to Canada, Before, there was just a handfull of stuff they would ship up here. Nowhere does it say free shipping to Canada. They never have as far as I know.

Go to UPS to get an estimate on shipping. You can pay anywhere from 30 to over 75% of the cost of your item in brokerage fees. I have paid an average of 75 bucks in brokerage fees for various guitars. Now I don't buy anything that is shipped UPS. I hate those guys. They are bargain killers.

munky    0

Have you checked www.music123.com? I know they ship up here.

I just bought my new Ibanez from Axe Music in Edmonton online, and they have free shipping on orders over $199. Pretty sweet. I'm pretty sure they don't sell Gibsons though.

CanuckTodd    0

I'm kind of late getting into this thread, but for what it's worth I bought a fine Garrison 12 string guitar (made in Canada) from someone in California (go figure). The guitar was a deal but the customs fees added about $100 to the purchase price. That's apart from shipping. So shop wisely!

facefish    0

I've bought 2 guitars and one bass from eBay. The bass seemed like a Chinese bargain but was so badly made it's unplayable. The truss rod is so misaligned that it is impossible to adjust. This is part of the learning curve. A Yamaha ERG 121 for £35 was simply unbelievable.

The other was new and bought on spec, I'm creaming my jeans just looking at it. Give it a go, bad sellers and scams are few and far between as well as being quite easy to spot.

Darkhorizon    0

If you are spending alot of money on a guitar I would take the online price into a local guitar shop with a good reputation and bargain the price down. It is worth paying a bit extra to get good service and a well setup guitar as then you can just play it and not have any worries. Buying online and especially from EBAY has the problem that you cannot try before you buy. At least in a shop you can give the guitar a good test before paying for it.

:smilinguitar: