krissovo

Software Drum Machine

krissovo    0

I found Rhythm Rascal at the weekend purely by chance, I think its great!

I was going to buy the Alesis Sr 16 on Friday from a pawn shop but someone else beat me to it so I had to look for alternatives.

Anyway I tried this and found the drum tabs for a few songs that I am playing and entered them into this......Wow what can I say, it so much more interesting to play with than a metronome and sounds great.

Its simple to use and in 5 to 10 mins you can get a near perfect drum backing you at the right tempo. There is not many drum sounds buts that is good for me but they are easy enough to add WAV's.

All I need now is a software bass player!

Smurf42    0

Here are a few that work fine.

HammerHead

Hot Stepper

Over on the Kristal Forum a lot of us use this one.....

Leaf Drums

And add the drum sounds from here.....

ns_kit FREE

Its a large download, but well worth it. Stop by the Kristal Audio Engine forums and give a listen to some of the music from Dino to hear the drums in action.

Hope this helps!

toryst    0

I have Rhythm Rascal and I'll be darned if I can figure out how to make a good drum loop to play my guitar with. I have been searching the net for samples to just plug into it but am unable to find anything. I'm looking for the drum loop for Margaritaville and just about anything blues. Any suggestions?

OldG    3

You'll need to search for 'loops'... I take it a bunch of drumbeats together is what you are looking for?

I use loops in my software (Sony Acid pro 6) - I get from computer music magazines or from sites like this.

Google for loops or drum loops and you should find loadsa copyright free to download for free :D

fly135    5

sepp, make some cool beats and post them. I haven't played with it much yet, but the samples that you could download seems to be all hip-hop, dance stuff.