8LU3

so yeah, favorite type of music?

What is your favorite type of music?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite type of music?

• Metal
    • Rock
    • Rap
    • Pop
    • Country
    • Classical
    • Classic Rock
    • Blues

Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Glam Metal, Doom Metal.... Is there such a thing as good ol' Heavy Metal anymore? Sabbath, Merciful Fate, Metallica, The Misfits, Exodus and the like?

Ah Jazz..

My old guitar teacher tried to tell me blues was just another form of jazz, he didn't like my reply which was something told to me a few years ago.

Blues is like making slow sensuous love to a beautiful woman (or man if that applies)

Jazz is like making love to yourself :D :D :D :D

Cheers

Peter

Not too long ago (less than a year) I would have been torn between Classical and Classic Rock, but Blues got my vote today without question! My wife says it's mid-life crisis.... :eek:

Jim

Yeah, I find that I'm a bit like that too. I guess I get certain musical moods (if ya wanna call it that) where one day I might put on Iron Maiden, then the next day I might listen to a bit of Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Or I might be in the mood for some Mozart early in the day, then later on I might put on some Peter Frampton. My wife too could never figure me out when it came to my musical tastes. She say's I'm weird with my tastes in music.;)

I love jazz, blues, solo acoustic guitar and instrumental rock equally, so would find it hard to distinguish, but I could say that John Coltrane is my favourite musician - and he wasn't even a guitar player!

I love jazz, blues, solo acoustic guitar and instrumental rock equally, so would find it hard to distinguish, but I could say that John Coltrane is my favourite musician - and he wasn't even a guitar player!

These are a few of your favourite things. :winkthumb:

I'll use most types of music to get some inspiration,anything cept rap! ( funny how rap got 0%in the poll). I will lean heavy towards blues, but I find that rock/ classical/country/jazz/ metal, all fuse into each other nicely. so I am really into most genre's.

I voted Blues, second favorite behind Folk. It's not all country and not really classic rock either. I assume we are not defining the music categories by pop music standards, right?

Yeah, I find that I'm a bit like that too. I guess I get certain musical moods (if ya wanna call it that) where one day I might put on Iron Maiden, then the next day I might listen to a bit of Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Or I might be in the mood for some Mozart early in the day, then later on I might put on some Peter Frampton. My wife too could never figure me out when it came to my musical tastes. She say's I'm weird with my tastes in music.;)

I'm kinda along the same lines....just minus the 'Mozart' part. I enjoy just about every kind of music but classical - I can appreciate the artistry in it, but it's just never moved me. I voted for 'Classic Rock' in the poll because it's what I've listened to for most of my life and is still my "fallback", but I've been listening to mostly country for the last couple of years. I grew up listening to "old" country (whether I liked it or not, since that and Elvis were pretty much all my parents listened to!), but I like a lot of the newer artists too - Kenny Chesney being one of my current favorites.

As far as "classic rock" bands, some of my favorites that come to mind right away would be Led Zeppelin, Doobie Bros., Eagles, Boston, Queen, ZZ Top, Rush, Santana, Kiss, Scorpions, Aerosmith, Yes, Steely Dan, Tom Petty....too many great ones to mention.

I really enjoy 80's new-wave music also - a lot of people considered the 80's as a "musical void", but I had a lot of fun with music during those years. The B-52's would have to be my favorite from that time....just fun, upbeat music that didn't take itself too seriously. I also really dug The Cars.

If I had to name my all-time favorite album, it would either be Van Halen I or Frampton Comes Alive (with a strong nod toward Frampton). I bought that album when it came out and still have it to this day - absolutely amazed that I never wore through the grooves in the vinyl as a kid, since it played almost non-stop on my stereo for several years in my early teens! Van Halen I had a strong impact on me - I can still clearly remember standing outside a classroom in 10th grade and one of my friends walked up to me with a little portable cassette player and said "Dude, check out this new band that just came out!". He played "Eruption", and I don't ever recall being so blown away in my life.

These days, if I'm not listening to country there's no telling WHAT will be playing.....it could be Pantera, Larry Carlton, Zeppelin, Saliva, Najee, Missing Persons, Simon & Garfunkel, Nickelback, Parliament, Alice in Chains, Soungarden, Elton John, the Beastie Boys, the Eagles, etc., etc.