8LU3

so yeah, favorite type of music?

What is your favorite type of music?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite type of music?

• Metal
    • Rock
    • Rap
    • Pop
    • Country
    • Classical
    • Classic Rock
    • Blues

Yeah, really nice and gentil song.

Take a listen on John Williams arrangement of Beatles "Fool On The Hill" or on classics such as Romance, The Godfather Theme, Sevilla, Granada...

Clancy, I listen to country from time to time... better get yourself some death and industrial... :)

industrial metal verges n techno type stuff... it uses sequencers and funny types of sounds to create alot of the music, with the guitars and drums providing most of the rythm track... or something like that... not many people will listen to it though... and i only listen to a select few bands... Chatterbox is one...

I have really diverse music tastes. I even like some rap *shock*

Currently, I'm heavy in to funk and RATM style stuff at the moment. I kinda go through cycles of what I want to listen to.

whats RATM?

Rage Against The Machine, guitarist being Tom Morello, who is now with Audioslave, I think.

He's a great guitarist with a lot of nifty tricks...... but that's a tad off topic.

Gibb/Sink

ah i see, i thought it was a TYPE of music, thats why i was confuzzled. yeah i like both RATM and audioslave. i like the RATM guitar better though.

So I guess Punk falls into the Rock category, right?

My favourite bands are the Sex Pistols, Rancid, Good Charlotte and Guns n' Roses but I do like hearing new songs/genres/bands. I'm not a fan of MTV pop/rap and crap though. Just gets on my nerves mostly.

So, I guess the closest option would be Rock. :D

Worst thing that ever happened to music, in my opinion, was for Disco to hit the scene back in the 70's, and now its Dance.

To this day I still call it 'plastic' music, fronted by some no-brainder bimbo chanting the same line over and over again.

Absolutely zero skill, talent, use/steal others material, and it really saddens me to see that with their significant record sales people don't see right through them.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest...feel better now LOL.

But what makes death metal, death metal?

A former student of mine explained all the sub-genres of metal to me once. There is speed metal, death metal, thrash metal, black metal, doom metal, glam metal, and I am sure there are others I cannot recall. When I asked him if he would like to learn more than detuned riffs on the 5th and 6th string, and maybe get into some clean sounds and chords, in case he ever ended up playing with a keyboard player or backing up a horn player or singer, he felt that perhaps I wasn't the teacher for him!

probably true.

Anyway, I digress.

Death metal, from what I have been told, is primarily concerned with death.

Well there ya go RocknRoll, going by your nick I would definately have thought you preferred Rock 'n' Roll lol?

Like asking where a bloke called 'Tex' comes from?

I like Rock mainly, my cousin is really into metal and I can find it a bit overwhelming. So I like a small dose of metal but it has to be something I can follow the beat of. Obviously not rap :P.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but doesn't "Death Metal" have "Cookie Monster" style vocals.

If not, it sure sounds like it!

You just made me die with laughter just now...thanks for the reply here.

I like everything really! There is absolutly nothing i don't like, it's wierd! But it explains why my c.d collection is so big! it's gotten to the point where my mum has banned me from entering hmv or golden discs (she didn't mention tower records though)! Shhhhhh!:innocent:

Not too long ago (less than a year) I would have been torn between Classical and Classic Rock, but Blues got my vote today without question! My wife says it's mid-life crisis.... :eek:

Jim

Blues gets my vote as favourite, but I am just as happy listening to (and attempting to play) classical, folk or rock. :yeahhh:

BTW What qualifies as "Classic" Rock? should that be the subject of another Poll? :eek:

Had to put classic rock as fave- although I'll listen to anything that I deem to be good music- highly subjective, that. Even from day to day. One day, I'll be in a metal kind of mood and toss in some old school metal, the next might be Chopin, or some blues or even some good ol' funk a la James Brown. Guess it all depends on the mood. I typically don't listen to very much current music, however. I don't have the patience to wade through all the garbage to get to the good stuff. I figure that I'll likely be hearing the good stuff 10 years from now on the "classic" stations.

And, although it may sound strange- I love bluegrass, but don't care for the other country styles. I'll listen to Southern Rock (and enjoy it immensely) but that's as far as I'll go.