6string

Stanley Cup 2006

Who will win the Stanley Cup?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Carolina Hurricanes
    • Edmonton Oilers

Well, I take it that means the Columbus Blue Jackets did not fair well this year?

I saw Carolina beat Buffalo in OT last week...that was cool. But I have no idea how the Oilers are doing. :dunno:

Here's hoping your favorite team wins!

:beer:

Here, here si16...!!! The only sporting event I truly look forward to watching...!!!

I just hope Brasil doesnt take it again... I would love to see a country that has never

won before take it this year... Of course I'll be rooting for Spain, though their chances

are slim to none...!!!

Cheers

Ben

Ok, please enlighten a poor ignorant Aussie. What sport are we voting on this time brother 6string? :D

Clancy

That would be Hockey Clancy...!!!:winkthumb:

Of course I'll be rooting for Spain, though their chances

are slim to none...!!!

Good shout, Ben. So many talented players, they just never seem to gel as a team. Perhaps this will be their year. Puyol could be the man to pull them together.

Personally, I'll be supporting Brazil. Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, and that Samba style. Fantastic.

6, there's only one cup worth mentioning, and it ain't the Stanley.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/ - the Beautiful Game

Roll on June 9th. :clap::yes:

Careful Simon! :isaynothing:

There are lots of Canadians in this guitar forum! And we all know hockey is the fastest game in the world. Tough too. How many other sports (except boxing) is fighting allowed? Two blokes can slug it out until they get so tired they can't keep their arms up. Their penalty? They each sit in the penalty box for five minutes to rest up again!

But toughness aside, it's a game of great skill too. Go Oilers! :boxing: :boxing:

my leafs never made it and been rooting for the oilers. they have some heart being a #8 seed and battling all the way through to the finals. i think edmonton have been playing some really good hockey lately

so Go Oilers! :D

I could never understand how people could watch a sport as boring as soccer. I've tried, but wound up battling narcolepsy every time.

The Real Cup, the only one worth competing for, is indeed the Stanley Cup. And I'm cheering for Edmonton. The Hurricanes knocked my beloved Habs out of the playoffs so I have nothing but distain for them.

Careful Simon! :isaynothing:

There are lots of Canadians in this guitar forum! And we all know hockey is the fastest game in the world. Tough too. How many other sports (except boxing) is fighting allowed? Two blokes can slug it out until they get so tired they can't keep their arms up. Their penalty? They each sit in the penalty box for five minutes to rest up again!

But toughness aside, it's a game of great skill too. Go Oilers! :boxing: :boxing:

The standard joke is..................I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out.

I could never understand how people could watch a sport as boring as soccer. I've tried, but wound up battling narcolepsy every time.

He he he ... sounds like Soccer versus Australian rules. Simple choice of whether you want to see a game with an occasional brawl or a brawl with an occasional game! :isaynothing:

The problem with hockey, however, is that the regular season and the playoffs are so different, with different rules that are enforced, etc. My feeling is that they should have about a 20 game regular season and then start the playoffs. The neutral zone trap should also be outlawed. Talk about making a great game into a snooze.

He he he ... sounds like Soccer versus Australian rules. Simple choice of whether you want to see a game with an occasional brawl or a brawl with an occasional game! :isaynothing:

I haven't had the opportunity to watch any Aussie rules football, other than occaisional highlights, but I'm signing up for a new cable channel tomorrow that will hook me up with all the wildness. :yeahhh:

Having lived in Medicine Hat in Canada and playing hockey for Great Britain and the Med Hat Tigers (feeder team for the flames) I would go for the Oilers

As for tough Hockey ranks 3rd in my opinion behind Hurling (Irish sport for lunatics with sticks) Rugby (No protection and big hits) and having played all three Hurling left me with the most pain after a match every time.

For the Rugby fans. I sat and watched a game of Rugby the other day and have the general gist of whats going on. I can see the plays develop and such. What I don't understand is when someone gets tackled and the teams are piled up, one team lines up like there playing leap frog and the ball comes squirting out the back. Is that a rule of some kind or just the best way to get the ball out of the pile of men?

What I don't understand is when someone gets tackled and the teams are piled up, one team lines up like there playing leap frog and the ball comes squirting out the back. Is that a rule of some kind or just the best way to get the ball out of the pile of men?

That will be a scrum then, used to restart the game. Normally from when a team "knock on" (fumbles the ball)

From encarta

"A scrum is an important way to restart play during a rugby match. To form a scrum, the forwards of each team pack together in a tight formation. The scrum half of the team in possession then rolls the ball between the two front rows of forwards, and each team tries to hook the ball backward with the feet. When the ball is released by the successful team’s last forward, the scrum half takes the ball and runs, passes, or kicks, as play continues."

That will be a scrum then, used to restart the game. Normally from when a team "knock on" (fumbles the ball)

From encarta

"A scrum is an important way to restart play during a rugby match. To form a scrum, the forwards of each team pack together in a tight formation. The scrum half of the team in possession then rolls the ball between the two front rows of forwards, and each team tries to hook the ball backward with the feet. When the ball is released by the successful team’s last forward, the scrum half takes the ball and runs, passes, or kicks, as play continues."

Actually that sounds more like a ruck or a maul than a scrum. Scrums are slightly more organized.