D-Dawn

Mine ToO! ♥

This is my Yamaha LL6 and my Takamine EG544Sc..I love the Yamaha! & The Tak is very pretty...sounds better plugged in to me tho :yes:

hrrrmmm..I hope I loaded the photo correctly...:oops:

1578.attach

Hi Buddy !!!

Great looking Guitars :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: I'm sure they sound as beautiful as they look :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for sharing the Pics, Pal :)

Kindest Regards

Kush

Nice guitars, bet they play great :)

:lol: They'd probably play a lot better with someone else playing them!!! :lol: (J/k)

I love how they sound...ok I love how the Yamaha sounds.

I need to change the strings on the Tak...I have Elixers on it right now and I have decided I don't like 'em...they feel...kind of...slippery.:unsure: I have Martin lights on the Yam and dunno if I should try them on the Tak as well?? Any suggestions before I go ahead?

Thanks!

I love Martin Marquis' on my accoustics-usually play 11's. I am sure any new strings will help--have a lot of friends that swear by D'addarios. Scott

I love Martin Marquis' on my accoustics-usually play 11's. I am sure any new strings will help--have a lot of friends that swear by D'addarios. Scott

I've tried the D'adds too and wasn't impressed...I'm picky!! I guess I'll stick with the Marting marquis light...thats been the best so far. thanks for the help!:D

I also want to change the bridge pins on the Tak...basically the ones it came with are ..well...crap. Any suggestions there??

I also want to change the bridge pins on the Tak...basically the ones it came with are ..well...crap. Any suggestions there??

Nice looking guitars :)

I can't advise you what type of pins to buy, but I would advise you to get the right tool to remove the old ones with if you haven't already got one, to avoid damage to your guitar.

Don't forget to slacken the strings before you prise out the pins! :D

Geoff

Thanks NoWhereman got the right tools and have changed strings a-pleanty...just don't like these chincy plastic pins I've got...they don't seat well...:)

Thanks all :) I ordered new pins and should have them next week! I hope they are as well made as they are pretty! They'll match the abalone nicely...I can't wait! lol..ok..I know... I'm such a girl...gotta color coordinate ya know! :blush:

:leadguitar: Dawn

Thanks all :) I ordered new pins and should have them next week! I hope they are as well made as they are pretty! They'll match the abalone nicely...I can't wait! lol..ok..I know... I'm such a girl...gotta color coordinate ya know! :blush:

:leadguitar: Dawn

Ok so it took better than 2 weeks for these to come in!! :reallymad: O well got em on now.

Slapped on some Martin Marquis' Mediums and it sounds soooooo much better! I've kept the original pins for if I get rid of this guitar.

I am afraid that I am just not in LOVE :wub: with this Takamine tho...:dunno: I think its going to have to find a new home....its only a month old and still under warrenty so hopefully I can recoup some of what I have in it!!

Several people that I have seen play lately are playing Taylors...I really like the sound, but not the prices!! I am beginning to think there isn't going to be an acoustic elctric that I really like the sound of :( I did enjoy playing an Ovation last week, but I don't know enough about them....don't want to do this to myself again! I am a horrid impulse buyer!!!

I paid $500 for this Tak not quite 2 months ago.....

Dawn-I'm totally surprised--a $5c takimine should be an excellant guitar--mystified---if your moving up how about the gibsons a/e 's should be starting in around 6-700 ?

i think its just me actually...the neck is a bit narrower than my Yamaha acoustic so I find it a bit harder to play.....my hands are not huge, I just learned to play on the wider neck.... A Gison would be excellent!!! Got a link to point me in the right direction??? Lowest priced Gibson A/E I've found is : $1,499.99 too much for me!!

Thanks!

Great news!! :claping: :claping: :claping: :claping: Just got off the phone with the dealer I got the guitar from and he is going to let me bring the Tak back and trade it for one I like better! I am soooo relieved! I actually put this one back in the box today ready to ship it off to a cousin in Arkansas....was going to trade him for a prof. trumpet (my son plays trumpet) Yay I could squeel! Now to go see what kind of sound i can bring home :yeahhh: :yeahhh: :yeahhh:

Great news!! :claping: :claping: :claping: :claping: Just got off the phone with the dealer I got the guitar from and he is going to let me bring the Tak back and trade it for one I like better! I am soooo relieved! I actually put this one back in the box today ready to ship it off to a cousin in Arkansas....was going to trade him for a prof. trumpet (my son plays trumpet) Yay I could squeel! Now to go see what kind of sound i can bring home :yeahhh: :yeahhh: :yeahhh:

Very cool. Congrats.

Glad to see that you are able to trade it back. I just read through the whole thread and until you said that, I was going to suggest that you might start liking it over time.

I bought an Ovation and didn't like it. The neck is also narrower. It also wasn't setup. But after getting it setup I still liked my cheaper noname Brownsville acoustic better. But I kept switching back and forth and it didn't take long before the Ovation clearly became the better guitar. The only thing I don't like about it, is the bowl on the back is too slippery to sit in your lap. But I'm actually getting used to playing while standing now.

Ok came home with another Takamine, (EG530SSC) and the dreadnought body is definately giving me the sound I was looking for. Played with it for an hour before I paid so that I was sure this time! Add a hard case into the mix and I think I'm in love! :wub: The action on this one is so much better and the wider neck makes for fingerpicking ease! I'm just so happy! :yeahhh: The preamp is much easier to use and an onboard tuner...too cool! Now if the kids would wake up so I can plug it in I'd be set! :glare:

I also played with the Ovation again and while it is extremely pretty...I just didn't care for the tone. Perhaps my ear is gradually changing as I learn? Thanks for the input from all!

1946.attach