nagukush

Some Help With KRISTAL !

nagukush    0

Hi All

I found this Software KRISTAL which I believe is very Popular and has ASIO support too ! But it seems way too complicated for me. I know I'm bothering a Lot, but I really dont have anyone to help me :( with my recordings.

I request you to kindly help me out a little, Please just give me a little start and I'll do my best to Build-On. Kindly suggest me a few Starter tips on KRISTAL or any other Software that is Basi and uses ASIO.

I have read that in the Input - ASIO has to be enabled, but in my Case, I've ASIO listed out, but I can only enable some MIME. Is this the Problem ?

Kindly Help me, Sorry again for bothering everybody :unsure:

Kindest regards

Kush

nagukush    0

Hi All

Kindly help me with this :

I'm not able to use ASIO in KRISTAL with my AUDIGY4 :

In the KRISTAL INPUT - WAVER, I have 3 Options :

1. MME SB AUDIGY 4

2. ASIO 1 SB AUDIGY 4 [DF00]

3. ASIO 2 SB AUDIGY 4 [DF00]

When I select 2 or 3 Option, there is no Sound Recorded, But When I Use the MIME Option, I can record the Signal from My MIC. Please help me, How can I use the ASIO ?

Kindly advice.

Regards

Kush

1496.attach

powe6563    0

I'd like to know myself how to make the asio4all work with Kristal. It's suppoed to kill the latency while using VST plugins, but I cant figure out how it works or what I'm doing wrong.

krissovo    0

I use MME and the quality is good enough for me and with my machine there is not much latency. I have only just installed it and made one recording so I will have a play and let you know how I get on.

nocat    0

There are 4 audio compression drivers that I'm aware of, as relates to live recording:

MME-- This is the built-in windows driver. It is designed for windows multimedia files,

and it is the least efficient of the bunch... Use this only if you have no other options...!!!

Direct X-- This is a Microsoft driver designed for multimedia and games, as well as some

streaming files... Better than MME, but you will still experience lag in multitrack recording...

If you have the choice between the two, choose this one...!!!

ASIO-- This compression driver was designed by Steinberg specifically for audio recording...

If you plan on recording multiple tracks, this is the one to use... Many modern sound cards

support, or have their own version of ASIO, for example: Creative ASIO...

Asio4all-- A set of free downloadable drivers designed to bridge the gap for those machines

whose sound cards do not support ASIO... If your recording software supports ASIO,

but your sound card does not, rather than settling for MME or Direct X, give Asio4all

a try... It works way better than those other two...!!!

Hope this helps...!!!

Cheers

Ben

nocat    0

Hey Kush, I am not familiar with Kristal, but, make sure you have the right input selected

and active... I believe that you can choose from/activate various inputs with that software...

Also check your input meter as you are trying to record... If you see activity in the

meter, but you hear no sound, check to make sure your output buss is set up correctly...

Kristal needs to know which output your card is using... Ex. Creative ASIO Stereo out.

Smurf42    0

Hey folks, when using a real Soundblaster soundcard use the kX Project drivers. The make it totally useable. Check 'em out here.....

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/

Check the list to see if your card is supported. Also, stop on by the Kristal forums....

http://community.kreatives.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=2

I think that we have one of the best groups of people around, and will help you get up and going in no time!