Hi all, 

I'm new to this forum and fairly new to guitar.  I have tinkered around with playing for a few years, but never got serious.  Almost a year ago, I decided to change all that.  I made a commitment to practice for a minimum of 30 min. a day for 40 days.   I ended up practicing for at least an hour a day for the 40 days and kept going.   Here I am almost a year later and have still kept at it.   

I'm hoping to keep at it for at least another year.   Thought I'd join the forum for some advice and conversation.  

Take care. 

Brian 

• Like 1

If you can practice for one hour each day for 730 days straight and then stop, what do you have to show for the last two years other than 730 wasted hours? 

Welcome. 

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm new at everything. Need some help, 6pak, uh I mean 6string. See? I'm 56 and got first guitar a year ago. Being the way I am, I had to learn all the parts, names, functions, theory HAH before allowing myself any fun. I'm ready for more hands on now. Got the A minor scale, now on some chords, trying not to cowboy it all. Want to do it right the first time, so I don't have to fix bad habits. I'm OLD, man. Glad to see you're still around 6. Could you or Clancy help me get my identity back?!? I can't seem to get avatar or signature up. Sorry I was gone so long-had to learn what NOT to do !!

texred

marathon astrobleme

yes it's a real place here on earth

google

On 2/10/2018 at 1:47 AM, 6string said:

Pecos County?

I don't know what I just did, but it LOOKS like where I'm spsd 2 reply. Close-Brewster County. The largest county in Texas. I especially enjoy (besides mtns & wildlife & great sunrises and sunsets (guess coz I'm in a BIG ASS astrobleme, it makes them better. Anyway, the demographics-1 person per square miles. I like my personal space.

Wow !!! Thank goodness somebody took mercy on our ignorant souls. It usually takes me 2 days, with a week between, to get a picture up. Thank you, Oh Great Webmaster. Now if s/he would do the first page of my blog. . .

21218 001.jpg

I think you were looking for the word "astrophile."  

I'm sorry, but one of my son's majors is English.  I can't help it.  He's like the grammar and punctuation police.  My vocabulary has improved.  My punctuation has improved.  I can learn the English stuff, but his Math stuff is understood by few.  I can't do this proof, so I have to take my son's word for it.

I have to learn new vocabulary daily over the dinner table, along with math, biology, psychology, chemistry, and astrophysics.  Sometimes we talk about the food.

:-)

Prove=3.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 9.53.06 AM.png

I think, you are misguided:P. 2years Latin, 2 years college english. . . I love words and etymology (that's not for bugs). I will hound you as mercilessly as your son, and in public !!:beer:

Without looking it up (cheating), I would say an astrophile is something who loves stars. -phile = loves/enjoys, like bibliophile, etc. No, I live in an actual meteor crater. A big ass one.

Check Marathon Astrobleme, Texas. -1 for you. Now you can educate your kid !!!:poke: I was a wildlife biologist in another life (same body) :(  The Latin was indispensable for learning scientific names/taxonomy. And I think I can do that proof, but I don't wanna. So now you know when I speak Texas slang/lazy typing, you will know I actually know how to spell it, if I want to !! Talk about off topic: geologists from around the world to study the Big Bend region. Have you learned the difference between basalt and sedimentary yet? And I'm not even a geologist. One more thing: Everything I say that might be misconstrued, is meant to be funny/complimentary, or something good. I never, ever say disparaging things to people. I only think them.

Thanks for the lesson, tho-hahahahahaha ! Have a nice dinner !! I wish you could save me leftovers-now a starving artist.

I use a dictionary to check myself before making a fool of myself.  I still make a fool of myself, but at least I do it properly.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rockerbob said:

I use a dictionary to check myself before making a fool of myself.  I still make a fool of myself, but at least I do it properly.

Not.

52 minutes ago, Rockerbob said:

53 minutes ago, Rockerbob said: