USGold

Favorite band that seems forgotten?

"The Band", of course I'm probably the only one old enough to remeber them.
Not at all. Though I never got to see them while Robbie was with them, they were still awesome the times I did see them, even after Richard Manuel's suicide. Sadly, with Danko's passing and Robertson's shunning of The Band, I fear any further reunions are pretty unlikely. Beautiful chapter in musical history, though.

Okay! I'll show my age!

Stan Kenton

Les Elgart

(I dig the trombones!)

Aside from them my other fav's have been 5th Dimension, Aerosmith, BTO, CCR, Blood Sweat and Tears, Manhattan Transfer, Boston, Eagles, Led Z and the Philadelphia Orchestra under Eugene Ormandy.

Boz Scaggs is one nobody else has mentioned yet.....really dug their sound. I used to listen to The Cars a lot, and don't hear much of them these days other than a few of their biggest hits.

Pablo Cruise, Bruce Hornsby & the Range, Electric Light Orchestra, the Cardigans, Jackson Browne, George Michael (I don't care what anybody says - "Faith" was a good album!), Chris Isaak, England Dan & John Ford Coley....hey, how about The Knack - a band that made it big despite the fact that their guitarists only knew three chords! :)

If you want to hear something close to the original cars do a Google search for "The New Cars". It has Elliott Easton & Greg Hawkes in it and they play covers of the old Cars songs along with some new stuff.

The Fixx, use to like some of their old stuff.

grew up with them , can whistle every chord of every song......just wish i could play them. prob all seems a bit basic now but in 1978 they were the dogs bollox.

Slade!!! Without whom Quiet Riot would have had exactly 0 hits instead of two.The ultimate "Glam Band"!! And how can you not love the name Noddy Holder!!! Cum on people...feel the noise!!!

Uriah Heap..anyone.

Stealin/Lady in black/Easy livin/Salisbury(incidently that was my buddy's tank in the early 70's) the picture on the Salisbury album cover.

David Byron(RIP), Lee Kerslake, Mick Box, Garry Thain, Damn it! can't remember the keyboard player.

I saw them 7 times in the 70's. how sad is that.:yeahhh:

Savoy Brown is one of my favorite old bands. Their live versions of "Blues at Midnight" and "Street Corner Talking" are some of the best electic blues I've ever heard. And Kim Simmonds is one of my favorite guitar players.

Slade!!! Without whom Quiet Riot would have had exactly 0 hits instead of two.The ultimate "Glam Band"!! And how can you not love the name Noddy Holder!!! Cum on people...feel the noise!!!

I grew up with a healthy diet of Slade (and other glam rock bands)

I still like Slade - awesome.

Ozzy Osbourse one said that Noddy Holder had the best voice in rock n' roll. He may well have been right.

More names that have been forgotten:

Mammas Boys (a great band)

Magnum

Yes

Having said that, the old names maybe receeding but new names appear bringing thier slant on things, Wolfmother, Alter Bridge, Avenged Sevenfold - lodsa great talent.

:yeahhh:

Pure Prairie League. Oh, wait, they were hardly known at all so they can't have been forgotten.

Hardly known??? Amy, what you gonna do?? And, uhm, well, ok, so I can't remember the rest of their songs... it's been a while. Around here, those of us that worked with them on occassion, they were affectionately called the Prairie Dogs. That was before they went up to a larger scale.

Two of the guys that started the band, the Goshorn brothers, are still gigging around Cincinnati and the area here.

Vince Gill was with 'em for a while and , well, I guess he left and is doing "Ok" :winkthumb:

Craig Fuller and Mike Reilly are still running it and are touring around the country.

They played at a 4th of July celebration a couple of years ago and still sounded great.

just to update ya.

Sugarloaf, "Green Eyed Lady"!

Blue Cheer protopunkish version of "Summertime Blues"

Captain Beefheart

King Crimson "Court of the Crimson King"

Jr. Wells and The Allstars "Shotgun", "Green Onions"

The Snakestretchers, Roy Buchanan!

The Jaggerz, "The Rapper"

:winkthumb::claping:

This shows my age!

Not sure if these two are forgotten, or just forgotten in the vast midwestern wasteland, but they were favorites of mine in the mid-70s when I was living in Hawaii:

Tower of Power

Lydia Pense & Cold Blood