Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Deni Kitov
      Hello guys,
      I want to ask one (maybe stupid) question. I'm playing a lot of heavy metal and genres like this but lately I have been improvising some jazz over backing tracks. I'm wondering what scale should I play over some chords. For example one backing track was in E. The rhythm played E7 chord I played E pentatonic scale (don't know if it fits the chord) and then the rhythm changed to A7 and I was still playing E pentatonic major but it sounded out of key and I than started to play E major scale. Should I change to A major scale or I will go out of key? So what scale to choose over what chords - for example the progression is C7 - Dm7. Should I play only C major over both of the chords or should I change the scale ?? :/ 
      Thanks in advance!
    • By MikkoKarhula
      Hi!

I find Bulgarian choir music very beautiful and interesting. I made my own harmonization of song called Vecheryai, Rado (Вечеряй, Радо). It's originally composed in three voice harmony. You can check it out from Youtube. Composer is Philip Koutev. If you are interested you can find the transcription of this arrangement from my website.
      I hope you like it!
      Kindest, Mikko

• By donfully
      Intermediate level for improvising in all genres, but can be seen as an introductory lesson to improvising jazz. This lesson deals with playing, but also with understanding basic concepts and also the language used amongst professionals, namely, seeing scales as extensions. I've always wanted to do this lesson series since I don't see a lot of introduction to jazz improvisation (applicable to rock as well) that is friendly and relatable to blues players.

• By Saurabh Chaudhry

Here is my take on one of my favorite guitar solos from the album The Division Bell.
      Please feel free to comment, like, share and subscribe to my channel.
      Recorded on -
      Music Man JP7
      Ernie Ball 7-String Slinky COBALT
      Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+
      Shure monitoring headphones
      Logic X.

• By krivtsun
      Hi guys, please check out my new video! Thanks

P.S. Subscribe to my channel.