Outside the Octaves

7-String Swept Arpeggios and Metronome timings via Time Sigs

Hi, I recently got my first 7-string guitar, and also am now looking to start sweep picking.

One thing I'm looking into now is how to time my notes to a metronome so that I can work on getting my technique down and slowly raise the speed up over time.

What I'm confused about is, say the initial 12th fret (or open) C major arpeggio sweeping pattern everyone uses starting out that utilizes 2 octaves.  Now that I have my new Schecter C-7 Deluxe, I have yet another octave open to me below the original 2.  This 7-string gives nine notes in the whole scale "box" and thus has me wondering how I should do things.  It looks like I should have groupings of 3, and therefore should do things based off of that.  Consequently, 4/4 time doesn't seem to fit, but 3/4 might not be right either.  I know that it's whatever works for me, but in the end, I don't accurately see what is right for me yet, as I'm new to sweep picking and timing things.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jeremy Rodriguez
      Great to meet you all! I'm Jeremy, a guitarist here in the Austin, TX area. I have been playing guitar for about 14 years now, and I love sharing all the knowledge I have with people who are looking to become very advanced on guitar!

• By shauncox91
      I recently started writing and recording my own tunes on the guitar and making rough recordings for youtube. I am looking for other guitarists or bassists to work with on original music please check out my youtube channel give me any feedback or send me a message if you're interested in collaborating on anything. Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBhwmSIZwDW4FFPbEkm5e-g
    • By luis_91_91
      Hi there guys!
      Every app I've found sounds like "TIC-toc-toc-toc, TIC-toc-toc-toc..." and so on.
      Could you sugest one like a digital "drum kit"
      I have android btw... See u around!
    • By EliasGuitar
      Hey guys i just did a lesson on sweep picking I know there are a lot of similar vids out there and its not the best lesson, but it would be great if I could get some feedback on how to improve for later lessons
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAWuMYeOWjQ