anthonylane

Need to Guide Learning Basic guitar

Hello Everyone, I am new Guitar learner. My Experience level 2 month. When I was first learning how to play guitar, I was terrible. Then I search on google, I got this site:

mikesoca

I think this site informative for me. I learn about key G chord from here. Can anyone tell me if this site is perfect for to learning basic Guitar?

And anyone can give the more informative site to learn? please.

My first response would be, find a good instructor and do not become a self taught student who lacks the knowledge to know what to learn next.  Ignore the people who claim to have known how to play until an instructor messed them up.  Structured learning, first laying a solid foundation and then building up from that foundation, works and most self taught students lack that basic structural foundation.  Most self taught students do not know what a foundation in guitar is.  Searching around rather than building upon wastes resources and time. 

A successful lesson plan is built upon giving the student more complex data, and more difficult material, after the student has shown proficiency with simpler material at every point along the path.  Stopping and hitting pause for a while to make sure the student truly grasps a concept or a technique is common with this sort of plan.  At that point, when the instructor is certain the student has the material under their belt, a good plan will provide higher levels of information which build upon what has been taught, and hopefully learned, in previous lessons. 

Most self taught students don't know what they don't know or what they really should know and they waste too much time chasing down things that are not structured in a lesson plan sense of not getting over your skis.  A well structured lesson plan which looks forward and down the road keeps the student motivated and learning at the most successful rate for that student.  A good to excellent instructor develops a relationship with the student and locates the keys to constantly motivating the student through the more frustrating passages of learning where the student's progress naturally slows with more difficult and more complex material.  

All the rest simply wastes valuable time.

That said, finding a really good instructor is about as easy as finding a four leaf clover in the desert at midnight.  Yet, students need and should have a more experienced instructor to watch them play and make corrections to the basics which many students on their own will not get right.  If you learn your mechanics incorrectly, then you will develop habits which are more difficult to correct.  If you are not put in the position where you are expected to produce or waste money, you will learn just what sort of student of guitar you will be.  If you hated structured learning in school, what makes you think you can constantly motivate yourself to do the work required to really learn how to play an instrument?  Saying you "play by ear" is a viable plan for only a very small % of students.  More often than not it simply means you are not willing to put in the time and effort to buckle down and learn.  

The routine of an instructor seeing and hearing you play and then commenting on your performance is very important to newbies IMO.  And, despite all that, I disagree with how most guitar instructors, face to face or on line, go about the basics of teaching someone how enjoy learning and playing the guitar.

The tutorials on this site are quite informative.  They may not tweak your whistle as every individual can require a certain type of instructor to talk to them in the specific words that mean the most to each individual student.  But what you will find here is as good and as complete as any other on line guitar instruction I have come across and far better than most.  No one is trying to be the "cool teacher" here who never really teaches, you get what you need in these lessons.  No one is teaching in dribs and drabs that never really go anywhere here.  You will, if you pay attention and do the hard work required, learn something here.

If you want to try another on line instructor, I would suggest justinguitar.com  Take the course from the beginning to the end and do not jump around or chase the next bright, shiny thing.