Hey fellow guitar players,

I just signed up here and even though I have been playing for over 10 years the acoustic guitar I still feel like a beginner and a rookie.

Looking forward to learning and making great connections :)

Hi Rookie. 

You can't be any rookier than me 😉

And I've owned acoustic guitars for 2 decades...

I'm interested in making new friends and contributing to their musical endeavours and using their insights and love to enrich my life and music.

Cheers.

So its been a while since I started playing guitar and I'm wondering what beginners are facing nowadays? What are the current guitar rookie difficulties?

Hi,

I can't honestly myself a beginner as I've owned guitars for 20 odd years and played intermittently. But to my shame I can't call myself intermediate as that would indicate a level of proficiency higher than that of a beginner. 😱

I still face problems that I'm sure all beginners face, and that does include current beginners.

1. Memorising fretboard.

2. Figuring out what chords are being employed while listening to the song on radio or whatever.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely, 

KD

Hi Rookie. 

You can't be any rookier than me 😉

And I've owned acoustic guitars for 2 decades...

I'm interested in making new friends and contributing to their musical endeavours and using their insights and love to enrich my life and music.

Cheers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MikkoKarhula
      Hi!

I find Bulgarian choir music very beautiful and interesting. I made my own harmonization of song called Vecheryai, Rado (Вечеряй, Радо). It's originally composed in three voice harmony. You can check it out from Youtube. Composer is Philip Koutev. If you are interested you can find the transcription of this arrangement from my website.
      I hope you like it!
      Kindest, Mikko

• By Rockerbob
      I shot some almost interesting video from my camera drone.  Nice, rock solid, video.  But in the air in a craft who's takeoff weight is 3.7 pounds and the video is like it mounted on a tripod.
      I also played all the guitar parts in the soundtrack.  I like this tune.  My rendition is based on a David Bromberg and Norman Blake arrangement.  I get to play melody and harmony parts. Twice the fun of playing just one.

• By Rockerbob
      Once Upon A Time I was a singer, songwriter and guitar player. There was a time when I didn't know what Meniere's disease was. I now know it intimately. It takes your hearing and your balance. Anyway, I like to reminisce and live vicariously through works from my past.
      I learned this song a long long time ago, but I could only sing 1 part at a time. Technology changed that limitation.
      From back when I could hear: https://youtu.be/5HjH8R8I45o
    • By Coajazz
      Hi this is my cover of song Indifference Angelo Debarre version