sheraton

How'do Folks

How'do Folks :)

I haven't been around these parts for a couple of years now......wow.....time flies.

I haven't been playing much - sold my Gibson LPJ, sold my Laney amp and passed my 8track on to my niece.

I still have my Sheraton ;) and my old 8track so not out of the game :D 

I've been enjoying my new hobby - working on my car :)

on a sad note - I found out today that Daktari (Gordon Schofield) passed on in 2011 aged 52.

I always enjoyed Gordons' Music and a bit of banter on here - I recorded a version of one of his original songs too.

Rest in Peace my Brother.

Paul.

Hey Paul!

I saw 'How'do Folks' in my inbox & thought: could that be Sheraton? And it was! Welcome back. Glad to see you've still got the Sheraton.

Are you up for a collab?  I'm a bit rusty in the lyrics department but I'm sure I could come up with something. Any ideas?

Sad news about Daktari - shocking really, at age 52.

:) helloooo  Mike, 6string and Carol

it's nice to be back and see there are still some familiar faces around :)

Carol - I'm a wee bit Rusty myself, a Collab would be a Good way to get things going again ;)

Paul.

Ok I'll see what I can come up with: I remember you're not keen on dark, so I'll try, but I think I am naturally dark, and aren't 'the best' songs a bit dark?   [Stands back from computer to avoid incoming missiles].   

Also, any other members who want to have a go at writing some lyrics for Paul, you should give it a go - he's very talented at turning any old rubbish into great music, so you might find you can join a Collab and help to create a song - which is great fun.

I'll see what I can do - bright side if poss, otherwise dark, or whatever. I've been busy today trying to sort out computer troubles so maybe come up with something in a couple of days

I'll see what I can do - bright side if poss, otherwise dark, or whatever. I've been busy today trying to sort out computer troubles so maybe come up with something in a couple of days

I like this as a start to a Song ;)   -   I'll See What I Can Do, I'll Try To Look On The Bright Side If Possible

I Know it's Nothing New, I'm Having One Of Those Days, Nothing Going Quite The Way I Want It To ?

lol....I Could Work With that Vibe :) but Feel Free to Suggest - we best take it over to the Collab section tho ;)

Paul.

Good idea, meanwhile, I've started scribbling rubbish again.  First rule of suggesting rubbish: at least give plenty of choice, You'll probably say it's not rubbish, but it's really very 'ordinary' and cliched: nothing original, no metaphor or anything of much interest, but they are lines that rhyme, and I know you can turn anything into music. 

If anyone wants to have a go to turn anything into music, go for it. Also if you want to change, switch around, or do anything with the lines, feel free. 

Even better, have a go at writing some lyrics yourself [I've set a really low bar] and Paul will probably be able to turn them into a song.

Song 1

How can it be

That after all these years

I look at you

And I still love you

I don’t know how -

Never dreamed [that] this would last

Always thought that love died

Always did/had/has done in the past

At first you think it’s love

You believe that when it starts

But love changes, then it/love dies

One or [the] other, [and] then you part

I thought that Love never lasts

I’d learnt that over time

It’s always been the same

Time after time

So how can it be

That after all these years

I look at you

And I still love you

Song 2

It’s 3 in the morning

And I don’t know what to do

Should I go, should I stay

Do you ever think of me too

You always have your reasons

Staying late with [all] your friends

Don’t think I ever really believed you

Is this how our love [affair] ends

Should I go or should I stay

Everyone loses, every which way

This way yes, that way no

Everyone loses, whichever {the] way

[Now] it’s 4 in the morning

Still don't know what I should do/not knowing what to do

Should I go or should I stay

Do you ever think of me too

Song 3

I remember that day

We were waiting for a train

We glanced at each other

Never thought I’d see you again

But night after night

Day after day

I was haunted by your memory

Would I ever see you again

Then one day, there you were/you were there

Right in front of my eyes

You were standing right in front of me

It was a wonderful surprise

You said, Lets go get a coffee

I said Yes and didn’t care

I’d be late but that didn’t matter

My wish came true, if only I dared

Hmmm… repeat first verse? Bit of a cop-out, but anyway, I’m all out of ideas/lines

I have an idea for your song suggestion :) watch this space...

I like this as a start to a Song ;)   -   I'll See What I Can Do, I'll Try To Look On The Bright Side If Possible

I Know it's Nothing New, I'm Having One Of Those Days, Nothing Going Quite The Way I Want It To ?

lol....I Could Work With that Vibe :) but Feel Free to Suggest - we best take it over to the Collab section tho ;)

Paul.

I've just noticed that I didn't tell you about some lyrics I've written based on your song suggestion above.  I posted it in Collabs: Collab Ideas. Plus another one I wrote on the weekend from an idea I had after reading a story in the newspaper, with a reference to an incident in your own past included.... :) I posted the 2 new song ideas in the Collabs Forum - they're probably better than these ones, at least they're original/ different.

Probably should have given them a title so we know what we're talking about...[would make a change for me, at least] so maybe I/we can add titles depending on/if you [or anyone] can find some songs from those ideas.

As usual, any switching, changing, adding, deleting is fine by me.