Flokostas    0

I have 350€ and i want to buy an amp for home practising. I've done a little research and I've found some amps: Blackstar id 30tvp, marshall mg30cf, vox vt 20x, fender mustang 2 and peavy vypyr 2. I want my amp to have good distortion and a good clean channel. Which one should i buy? Can you propose me a better amp for the money?

carol m    64

No replies yet so I'll give it a go - I am not an expert, although many others here are.

What I would consider is

1. How much power (Amps) do you want or need:

a. If you practice at home, how loud can you play (without earphones) before disturbing others?

b. Do you think you will ever want to perform outside your home - you might need a more powerful amp for that

2. If you want to play at home, do you need to have an earphone jack on the amp?

3. How important is having a broad selection of different voices, apart from distortion and clean?

4. How big and/or heavy/portable should your ideal amp be?

Sorry I can't be of more help, but other members will come along soon, who are more expert than me! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By anienham
      Hello Musicians,

I've been studying for about a year now. It has taken me three months or more to learn a three-chord song (ADE). Last night when I was practicing, I felt like I could finally move to the different chords while keeping the 4/4 rhythm. In order to get this breakthrough, I tried to introduce a new strum pattern. Instead of the usual down-down-down-down. I tried a slap and an upstroke. This seemed to help me go ease into the 4/4 rhythm with the downstroke.  So I'm finding that I'm going to have to find out what works and feels right for me. It seemed like I may learn incidentally. I'm going to try it with another song. 
      This will be interesting. I was becoming so frustrated, but last night I had a breakthrough. I notice an improvement. If anyone has similar stories of improving on songs, I'd like to hear them. I'd also like to know how you mastered barre chords. My fingers are getting callouses.

Anien
    • By Deni Kitov
      Hello guys,
      I want to ask one (maybe stupid) question. I'm playing a lot of heavy metal and genres like this but lately I have been improvising some jazz over backing tracks. I'm wondering what scale should I play over some chords. For example one backing track was in E. The rhythm played E7 chord I played E pentatonic scale (don't know if it fits the chord) and then the rhythm changed to A7 and I was still playing E pentatonic major but it sounded out of key and I than started to play E major scale. Should I change to A major scale or I will go out of key? So what scale to choose over what chords - for example the progression is C7 - Dm7. Should I play only C major over both of the chords or should I change the scale ?? :/ 
      Thanks in advance!
    • By jaykobe
      Hello Everyone! MY name is Jay and i want to begin to learn how to play guitar .They can be very expensive, What is a good stepping stone for me to start? I really have no experience.HELP!!!
    • By IZ Alviso
      Hey guys, im currently learning this song and i want to know what guitar technique the guitarist played at 0:50 - 1:11 in this video right here? Wanna learn it. Thanks
      . Cheers