Hello Everyone! MY name is Jay and i want to begin to learn how to play guitar .They can be very expensive, What is a good stepping stone for me to start? I really have no experience.HELP!!!

Good guitars can indeed be expensive.  With inexpensive guitars, there is more variation from one guitar to the next.  You can find a decent one, but you pretty much need someone you trust, that has guitar experience, to help you select one in your budget that plays well.  Worry about tone later.  At the beginning, the playability, or action, is more important than tone.  If the guitar is hard to play you will get frustrated quickly and never get to tone.

• Like 1

Good guitars can indeed be expensive.  With inexpensive guitars, there is more variation from one guitar to the next.  You can find a decent one, but you pretty much need someone you trust, that has guitar experience, to help you select one in your budget that plays well.  Worry about tone later.  At the beginning, the playability, or action, is more important than tone.  If the guitar is hard to play you will get frustrated quickly and never get to tone.

Jay,

Ditto

Mike

You've not given us much to go on.  No budget, no place in particular where you can shop.  No needs or wants.  

If you are looking at the less expensive end of the mass market guitars, then you are going to see a lot of guitars with little to no real world differences in any given price range.  Mass market guitars are going to come from a "third world" builder and often that builder will have contracts with several manufacturers to build their lower priced models.  That means "X" label gets built on Mondays and Tuesdays while "Y" gets built on Fridays.  It's the label and the day it gets put on that is the difference in many cases.  Marketing costs and other factors will make the difference in price.  A $200 guitar and a $500 guitar probably won't be that different and certainly not for a student just picking up their first guitar.   

If you want the least expensive guitar, buy from (at least) a well known name such as Yamaha or Fender.  They have lots of experience building guitars and they do a very good job at the lower price range.  Avoid buying the cheapest guitars.  Know there is a distinct difference between cheap and inexpensive.  

Buying a pre-owned guitar from a good manufacturer can get you more guitar for the same amount of money.  Buying, say, a used Yamaha would hardly ever be a bad choice.  Buy from someone you can trust, and have a return policy with in case you change your mind, and you'll pay a slight bit more but likely get a much better guitar.