• Similar Content

• By Flokostas
      I have 350€ and i want to buy an amp for home practising. I've done a little research and I've found some amps: Blackstar id 30tvp, marshall mg30cf, vox vt 20x, fender mustang 2 and peavy vypyr 2. I want my amp to have good distortion and a good clean channel. Which one should i buy? Can you propose me a better amp for the money?
    • By Deni Kitov
      Hello guys,
      I want to ask one (maybe stupid) question. I'm playing a lot of heavy metal and genres like this but lately I have been improvising some jazz over backing tracks. I'm wondering what scale should I play over some chords. For example one backing track was in E. The rhythm played E7 chord I played E pentatonic scale (don't know if it fits the chord) and then the rhythm changed to A7 and I was still playing E pentatonic major but it sounded out of key and I than started to play E major scale. Should I change to A major scale or I will go out of key? So what scale to choose over what chords - for example the progression is C7 - Dm7. Should I play only C major over both of the chords or should I change the scale ?? :/ 
      Thanks in advance!
    • By jaykobe
      Hello Everyone! MY name is Jay and i want to begin to learn how to play guitar .They can be very expensive, What is a good stepping stone for me to start? I really have no experience.HELP!!!
    • By IZ Alviso
      Hey guys, im currently learning this song and i want to know what guitar technique the guitarist played at 0:50 - 1:11 in this video right here? Wanna learn it. Thanks
      . Cheers
    • By Rockerbob
      We are still tweaking the masters, but here's a tune from the soon to be Lewis & Walker 11.  Working title for the project is "Shut Up And Sing!"  Its all instrumentals.  All the red tracks are drums.  The green track is guitar and the blue track is bass.  The 2 far right channels are a reverb on a buss and a master track.  Minimal arrangement.  I used a pedal board to change tones on the fly, something I don't have to do in the studio.

We jam to the basic structure a couple time, then start recording. For this project, the structure is based on either a guitar lick or a bass lick.  We record several takes and pick the one we like best.  I guess it is a loosely, quickly "arranged by jamming" and hoping we get a take we like.  Its fun playing together.  So much of studio work can be done in remote locations, jamming with a live person has decreased.  Its loss I'm glad we tried to avoid in these recent recordings.

I like this recording because I like the movement of it.  The bass plays more notes than I do on guitar.  :-)

I hope its worth your 2 and a half minutes.

Thanks!

BigBird mix13.mp3