We are still tweaking the masters, but here's a tune from the soon to be Lewis & Walker 11.  Working title for the project is "Shut Up And Sing!"  Its all instrumentals.  All the red tracks are drums.  The green track is guitar and the blue track is bass.  The 2 far right channels are a reverb on a buss and a master track.  Minimal arrangement.  I used a pedal board to change tones on the fly, something I don't have to do in the studio.

We jam to the basic structure a couple time, then start recording. For this project, the structure is based on either a guitar lick or a bass lick.  We record several takes and pick the one we like best.  I guess it is a loosely, quickly "arranged by jamming" and hoping we get a take we like.  Its fun playing together.  So much of studio work can be done in remote locations, jamming with a live person has decreased.  Its loss I'm glad we tried to avoid in these recent recordings.

I like this recording because I like the movement of it.  The bass plays more notes than I do on guitar.  :-)

I hope its worth your 2 and a half minutes.

Thanks!

598cbe4eabffc_ScreenShot2017-08-10at2_09_13PM.thumb.png.fbc14909b3304b53d0da9abb5bd492e7.png

BigBird mix13.mp3

More notes doesn't always equal better - sounding like the old Rockerbob to me. 

Something about having a guitar in my lap makes me feel younger.  I'm only 21 - with 40 years experience.

:smilinguitar:B) I like this - puts me in mind of Clapton and Blind Faith Jams and Peter Green End of the Road Jams :)

Paul.

Thanks much.  I try not to compare to big star players.  That's an easy way to become  frustrated.  My main goal is to try to make it not suck.

Thanks much.  I try not to compare to big star players.  That's an easy way to become  frustrated.  My main goal is to try to make it not suck.

How'do Rockerbob :)

I don't like to do the comparison thing...lol....although I done it on a couple of posts the other night :D ...  this has an Organic Jam session feel to it which is how I like my music ;) the Blind Faith and Peter Green jam sessions I referred to are in my top 10 listening material - this has that "In the Moment" feel I hear on these sessions :smilinguitar: I had to mention it.

Paul.

How'do Rockerbob :)

I don't like to do the comparison thing...lol....although I done it on a couple of posts the other night :D ...  this has an Organic Jam session feel to it which is how I like my music ;) the Blind Faith and Peter Green jam sessions I referred to are in my top 10 listening material - this has that "In the Moment" feel I hear on these sessions :smilinguitar: I had to mention it.

Paul.

This was very much "In The Moment."  I got digital drums programed, then Carl and I jammed over the drums.  We did 5 or 6 takes and chose the take we like best.  The whole CD is pretty much the same.  We jam over some drums and keep the takes we like.  Our goal was to sound like a three piece jam band.

This was very much "In The Moment."  I got digital drums programed, then Carl and I jammed over the drums.  We did 5 or 6 takes and chose the take we like best.  The whole CD is pretty much the same.  We jam over some drums and keep the takes we like.  Our goal was to sound like a three piece jam band.

B) I like your thinkin - I've been striving for this same feel myself :) the best Magic happens In the Moment - I miss Guitar, Bass and Drums all feeding each other in the moment and some of the Tones and Grooves that can be Generated :smilinguitar:

Paul.

• Like 1