Greetings.

I have a new instrumental and video.  The instrumental is a standard 1-4-5 blues progression.  I used Wah Wah - which I seldom do - for something a little different and fun.  

The video is over a small patch of Open Space containing Tollgate Creek.  I stopped before crossing Quincy Blvd, but the creek goes under the road and continues to Quincy Reservoir.  I never knew there was actually water flowing in this tiny creek.  Also featured is the silliness that is "Lewis & Walker."  The video is just to give listeners something to look at while listening on YouTube.  Its mostly a small patch of of a large stretch of wild in the suburbs.  Even though surrounded by "civilization," there are, at times, coyotes in this area, and well as rabbits, squirrels, snakes, and most of what is natural for this climate.   The Open Space runs for many miles.  This is a tiny piece.

It's all fairly simple and easy to play, but big fun.  We are mostly doing a trio type CD, with one guitar, one bass, and one drummer, but I allowed myself an extra track for the rhythm guitar.  I like the movement in the rhythm and didn't want it to go away when I started playing lead, which is the case for most of the recordings on the new, almost finished project.

The resolution of the video goes up to 4K on Youtube if you have a 4K monitor, but the 1080p version looks fine.

Thanks for listening (and watching).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zRi3XCCchI

Tollgate Route.png

Sounds great Keith. Nothing worse than a disobedient drone - 3rd time lucky it finally did what it was told to do.  Unless that was your cunning cut and paste technique to match the video to the track length?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, carol m said:

Sounds great Keith. Nothing worse than a disobedient drone - 3rd time lucky it finally did what it was told to do.  Unless that was your cunning cut and paste technique to match the video to the track length?

Thanks!  Yes, I shot almost 20 minutes of video and edited it down to get an idea of how long it would be.  Then I looked for a song with about that length or less.  Then I edit again and increase the playback speed of some parts to fit the time of the song.  Without the speed up a lot of it would seem slow and way too boring.

3 hours ago, windsong said:

Really liked this one, even if its only 7 am and having my morning coffee. Excellent expression in that wah

Thanks.  I had a lot of fun with the Wah and I don't use it often.