bySpektre

How can I get these sounds?

bySpektre    0

Hello!

I'm going to be direct so I do not want you to waste time.

I Have a problem, I want to emulated this guitar sounds with a Les Paul and plugins, but I'm novice in this guitar world and I don't know so much about amps and effects, I mean I just know the basics but I can't get those sounds.

Sound 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-cF0uPuBcR6UXpyNzFvQnVpdGc

Sound 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-cF0uPuBcR6UzRWM3NJMFZTb28/view?usp=sharing

I would really appreciate your help, I'm desperate.

PD: I'm sorry for my english I'm from Colombia and Colombia we speak spanish lol.

¡Saludos!

Sample 1.mp3

Sample 2.mp3

Rockerbob    47

Tone is only partially from the gear you have.  A lot of tone comes from the way you attack the strings.  That just takes time to learn.  Sadly, you can't buy an "I sound great" box.  I would have bought one years ago.

JanVigne    27

I'd say you need to be a bit more specific about what it is you are seeking.  

The recordings would appear to be from the tube amp days which would give you some of that tone.  Lots of modeling amps do a fairly decent job at recreating tubes though, if you understand tubes, each tube type (and even each tube brand) has its own tonal properties.  No doubt, there is a 12AX7 in the chain but whether the amp was using pentodes or beam power tubes is difficult to tell from those recordings.  Therefore, a "tube amp" sound may not be all you need, you might need to research which tubes were being used in which amp.  Bet on a push/pull amp, though which output transformers were used is in some archive somewhere.

Sounds like a dialed in spring reverb on both recordings though that again could be somewhat inaccurate depending on the effects available at the time of the recording.  You've not given us any information regarding the recording date so a lot of what you are hearing may have been accomplished in the studio after the performer had already played.  

You have 70 years worth of equipment that could have been put together to make that recording.  

The loudspeaker driver used was likely made with an Alnico magnet which you will find difficult to reproduce today.  Guitar loudspeakers aren't designed to have flat frequency response so you'd need to find the specific driver that was being using if you want to really reproduce specific sounds.  

The mic used to record was probably tube driven and the placement in front of the speaker enclosure was an "appropriate distance away" from the driver's face.  As with loudspeakers, each mic has its own sound.    

The neck pick up is predominant in the recording, though pick ups have their own sound and you'd need to find out the date of the recording and then go back and trace which pick ups were being used in the guitar at the time.   

One thing that is certain from the recordings though, the player did not overdrive any component in the chain.

The guitar sounds more like an archtop than a semi-solid body.   Depending on how specific you want to be, you aren't going to get the sound of, say, a vintage Gretsch archtop from a modern day Les Paul.

After you've done all that research, you then need to learn to play like that performer. 

IMO, you'd have better luck trying to find out how Charles Atlas became Charles Atlas.  Or getting that famous "Jet Smooth Ride" from a current model Chevrolet.  Start with a current model Dinah Shore. 

(Sorry if that last doesn't make sense, they're cultural references which might not be relevant to someone living in Columbia.)