Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ok, so I found an aria pro II xr series electric with all the original parts for only 79 bucks and I have an Ibanez GRG120BDX , The aria is an 1987 model # 7080276 most likely made in Korea since it does not say "Made in Japan" though some are trying to say it was made in the Japan factory, but I doubt it would be only 79 bucks if that where the case. My question is, even if it was made in korea would it be a better build quality, better wood, tuners and such then the Geo?. The reason I even ask was when I was just 15 I had an aria pro 2 that would eat this Geo hands down, but it got smashed at a party by some ass who thought I banged his girl and I threw it away, no idea what model, I have never had a guitar that I liked as much sense. I can not afford a high end guitar at the moment as I have COPD and can no longer work outside doing the only thing i have ever done, construction. Thanks for the help .

Aria.jpg

ib.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2017 at 7:52 PM, rpgdude said:

Ok, so I found an aria pro II xr series electric with all the original parts for only 79 bucks and I have an Ibanez GRG120BDX , The aria is an 1987 model # 7080276 most likely made in Korea since it does not say "Made in Japan" though some are trying to say it was made in the Japan factory, but I doubt it would be only 79 bucks if that where the case. My question is, even if it was made in korea would it be a better build quality, better wood, tuners and such then the Geo?. The reason I even ask was when I was just 15 I had an aria pro 2 that would eat this Geo hands down, but it got smashed at a party by some ass who thought I banged his girl and I threw it away, no idea what model, I have never had a guitar that I liked as much sense. I can not afford a high end guitar at the moment as I have COPD and can no longer work outside doing the only thing i have ever done, construction. Thanks for the help .

Aria.jpg

ib.jpg

 

Wow. How they play is for someone else. I just want to say the Ibanez is SHARP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Pignose travel guitar that is made by Aria.  For what I paid for it, and the reason I bought (to travel, duh), it's not a bad guitar.  But let's face it:  it doesn't stay in tune, and because it has a full neck and a disproportionately small body, the neck dive is incredible.  Many people swear by Ibanez (my best man played one).

 

That's it leaning against the amp.

2016-09-11%252019.02.26-M.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It even LOOKS neck heavy. It might not be so obvious to me if it weren't next to the strat. You teach, huh?

The Gibson (or Epi) next over looks like granite. That is cool! My favorite color, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, texred said:

It even LOOKS neck heavy. It might not be so obvious to me if it weren't next to the strat. You teach, huh?

The Gibson (or Epi) next over looks like granite. That is cool! My favorite color, too.

 

Me, teach? God, no!  I'm not even a very good student.

 

The LP is a Gibson Classic "Rock" II.  I got it mostly for its "collectibility."  If there is such a thing.  It's not my favorite guitar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it sure is beautiful. I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

 

Strat favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, texred said:

Well, it sure is beautiful. I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

 

Strat favorite.

 

Thanks.  I have a fondness for Strats. :lol:

 

Strats-1-M.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×