I'm having trouble printing out the tab for the lessons. When I select "fit to page," it prints out in a narrow, unreadable column with wide margins. When I deselect fit to page, it looks normal, but it doesn't fit on one page and won't let me carry over to a second page.I'm using a Canon MX472. Anyone else have this problem?

I would first suspect the application from which you are printing.  TAB is available as a text file, or PDF, or graphic image, or other formats.  You might need to find another application you can print from.  If you can see the whole tab on your screen, take a screenshot and then print the image of the screenshot just like it was any graphic image.

If you are trying to print from a proprietary application, all bets are off.  In that case I would see if the tab app can export as a standard file type; like a text file.  Then print that output file.

These are just a few issues, among many, that can lead to printing problems.  Before you start to troubleshoot, make sure other things are printing properly.  I hate to waste time looking in the wrong direction for a solution to a problem.  Sadly, it happens all the time.

See if you can send me a private message with the problem file as an attachment.  There's about a 90% chance I will be able to convert it to another format that will print correctly.

If your pdf doesn't work, try selecting the tab with your mouse from the online lesson page [if it is included/visible on the lesson's web page] and pasting it into Word.  You can expand or reduce the Word image of the tab to fit the page, then print it out from the Word document.

Hi Bonnie,

Are you trying to print out the pdf of the TAB? If so, could you give me the name of one of the lessons you are trying to print.

Thanks,

Clancy

Tried a straight print of the Unchained Melody tab and it cut off the top and the bottom.

Saved as PDF and it cut it off on the save.

Exported as PDF, which saved the whole thing but elongated it.

I could print the exported PDF but it had huge margins and scrunched the texted, very hard to read. 

Tried adjusting the margins with no success.

It seems that there's too much content on 1 page, should be on 2 pages, it doesn't even fit on a preview of legal sized paper.

I finally took 2 screen captures and printed it out on 2 pages.

Probably should be on more than 2 pages.

Thanks, I think I know what's going on there. I used to split them manually, now Kirk generates them directly from GuitarPro. The older lessons should be fine. I'll look into the newer ones.