Martin Sexton is better

8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LittleFeat

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:02 AM

I am here to post a challenge claiming that Mr. Martin Sexton can sing better than your favorite singer.

I was as avid a Freddy fan as any of you would ever have meet, and Martin sings better. Prince is a favorite as well, since a young age.
I don't really mean that in any specific way, Martin just sings
ANYTHING
better.
Post yoru fovorite singer along with a few of your favorite tracks. I'll makeburn you a copy of a CD live concert (anyone who asks) of Martin that will shut anyone down. He is Really that goood.
I grew up a critic. Nothing touches Martin.
Freddy was a genious, just like all my favorites. However, I think that this guy is better than John Lennon.
I know thats saying alot...John Lennon is the best ever! He IS MUSIC.
Martin Sexton can sing better. Its all finger playing as well.
Anyone who likes good music should give him a serious listen. I promise it will be worth it.
If you wanna feel real nice
Just ask the rock n' roll doctor's advice

#2 OFFLINE   WernHalen

• Active Members

• 657 posts
  • Joined 20-December 05

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:47 AM

Who is this Martin Sexton?

I believe you are allowed your opinions, but i have learned long ago that saying something like this in a forum or anywhere where musos gather will end up in an argument. I also believe you should not try to compare artists and say that this one is better, but rather i like this one more, especially if it is the high end musos you are talking about. Someone once shut me up very quickly when he said, it doesnt matter, what matters is: who sells the most records? :yes:

I would really like to hear him sing a little piece though, seeing that you say he is so good. (and I am not doubting you, really) :D

#3 OFFLINE   joe_strummer

• Active Members
  • 885 posts
  • Joined 27-March 06

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:38 AM

I went on to his website to listen to him, yes the man can sing no doubt in that, but i think each vocalist or singer has there own great talent and wouldnt like to say who is the best, each to there own, theres 1000's of great singers out there in the world.

#4 OFFLINE   nocat

• Active Members
  • 865 posts
  • Joined 17-February 06

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:37 PM

David Hasselhoff can out-sing them all...!!! :P

Posted Image
All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Albert Schweitzer

#5 OFFLINE   allthumbs

• Active Members

• 16,550 posts
  • Joined 11-February 05

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:42 PM

I don't know about that. Tiny Tim was a force to be reconed with.

#6 OFFLINE   Lcjones

• Active Members

• 2,738 posts
  • Joined 10-January 06

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:44 PM

I haven't heard Mr. Sexton. I'm sure his vocals are just fine though.

I don't think it's fair to pose that one "professional" singer is the best over all other pro singers and pit them in a contest as an "I dare ya". It's like saying one "professional guitar player" is better than another. I don't think so. Sure, some players may have a signature lick or be able to run the scales at ungodly speeds but it doesn't mean they are the best player over all others.

I mean could you really say that Michael Campbell is a lesser guitarist than Stevie Ray Vaugh? Or that Bob Dylan is a lesser singer than Martin Sexton? All have individual qualities of the highest degree. Who's best?

It's individual tastes and pleasures, not a contest.

lc

Respect The Music
I'll saddle up my pony so I wont be so lonely, at least I know his heart is true

#7 OFFLINE   Bob Wolford

• Active Members
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 08-March 06

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:12 PM

I'm not sure. . .my wife said she would pay me to go on the road to sing. hee hee hee
Keep on Pickin'
Bob

#8 OFFLINE   WernHalen

• Active Members

• 657 posts
  • Joined 20-December 05

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:53 AM

I listened to Mr Sexton, and yes he can sing very nicely... :yes: He has a brilliant voice, and he knows how to use it. Refresshing to hear someone who can sing for a change... And he sings rock songs, even if it only soft rock... Maybe wit a hint of that american black gospel... I like it.

However I dont believe he is the virtuoso that Freddy was for instance... MTV has a Diva's crowd... and any of them can sing up a storm. I dont think all of them are the best out there but they know how to strutt their stuff. That is why they are the Divas they are... Same as Freddy...

Martin I dont know yet, what are his ratings world wide like?

Different strokes for different okes... I guess.

#9 OFFLINE   rjspats

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 13-April 06

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:21 AM

allthumbs said:

I don't know about that. Tiny Tim was a force to be reconed with.

AT you are a COMIC GENIUS :clap: :clap:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users