Rockerbob    47

Someone needs to post something, so I will.  I made this video just to published it here.  Its a relatively new Lewis & Walker song, recorded in 2016. A country waltz.

carol m    64

I reckon that is a killer song! You were always good at writing a good tune.  The lyrics are pretty dark!!! Many of us here remember when you were in less pain than you have been having recently, and really hope/wish that some good times will come again for you soon. 

In the mean time, you can still pump out a great song [lyrics, vocals, tune, guitar playing, video and recording mix] that is far better than most members here can manage, or even dream of - I'm speaking mainly for myself here, and other struggling wannabe singer songwriters! :)  Great song.

• Like 1

Rockerbob    47

Thanks! 

Yes, I have trouble writing joyous music because I don't feel that way.  The past decade of my life has killed any thrill of living.  With current medical knowledge, there is no cure for Meniere's, and current medicine knows it to be progressive.  So I have that to look forward to.  I've just written another depressing song as a country waltz.  It will take months before I can sing it close enough to fix in post-production.

JessThrasher    10

I can definitely understand how it feels to lose a part of you that meant so much. There is nothing wrong with depressing songs at all, in fact a lot of my favourite songs aren't exactly the happiest songs out there. They are chronicles of person/family problems, loss, and raw "in the moment" emotion as I like to call it. It's those kind of songs that really have the most meaning.

When I listened to this, it reminded me so much of a song my classmate wrote about developing vocal nodes and how she could no longer sing like she used to, which was her livelihood.

Rockerbob    47

Jess,

Thanks for listening and commenting.  Yes, emotional pain is good for songwriting, but bad for everything else. 

I haven't had a classmate for more than 40 years.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rockerbob
      Greetings.

I have a new instrumental and video.  The instrumental is a standard 1-4-5 blues progression.  I used Wah Wah - which I seldom do - for something a little different and fun.  

The video is over a small patch of Open Space containing Tollgate Creek.  I stopped before crossing Quincy Blvd, but the creek goes under the road and continues to Quincy Reservoir.  I never knew there was actually water flowing in this tiny creek.  Also featured is the silliness that is "Lewis & Walker."  The video is just to give listeners something to look at while listening on YouTube.  Its mostly a small patch of of a large stretch of wild in the suburbs.  Even though surrounded by "civilization," there are, at times, coyotes in this area, and well as rabbits, squirrels, snakes, and most of what is natural for this climate.   The Open Space runs for many miles.  This is a tiny piece.

It's all fairly simple and easy to play, but big fun.  We are mostly doing a trio type CD, with one guitar, one bass, and one drummer, but I allowed myself an extra track for the rhythm guitar.  I like the movement in the rhythm and didn't want it to go away when I started playing lead, which is the case for most of the recordings on the new, almost finished project.

The resolution of the video goes up to 4K on Youtube if you have a 4K monitor, but the 1080p version looks fine.

Thanks for listening (and watching).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zRi3XCCchI

• By Rockerbob
      I have opened an account at patreon.com to allow listeners to become a patrons.  Patrons help financially support the creation of new songs and new videos.  There is never any obligation to support my efforts, but its is always greatly appreciated.  Patreon only takes 2%, Lewis & Walker will receive 98% from all patrons.  I don't have to invest any funds upfront, so I can't pass up an opportunity this good.

You can find me here: You can find me here: https://www.patreon.com/Lewis_and_Walker

My goal is to post about 2 new recordings and/or videos per month.  You may have already seen some of these videos, but they are new to Patreon.
    • By Rockerbob
      Here is simple little groove that Carl and I have mostly finished.  We don't have a name yet, but one will present itself.  They always do.
      Its simple, repetitive, and a little laid back.  I kinda like it.  Most of the simple melody is 3 notes.  3 was all I needed. 
      Carl's bass part really swings.
      "It don't mean a thing if it don't got that swing."
      k-boogie_mix1.mp3
    • By Rockerbob
      I was going through some old recordings and I came across this one.  It was one of the better recordings from those early days.  Everything was analog then, except some basic digital effects.  Editing audio required a splicing block, razor blade, grease pencil, and splicing tape.
      This was mastered to a cassette almost 35 years ago, so cut some slack on the fidelity.
      https://youtu.be/axRQA5nVHwA

• By Rockerbob
      Whiskey, cannabis, and jamming on a "Lick" with variations thereof. Its a plain 1-4-5 chord progression with a main lick and lots of just jamming. I built a drum track and Carl and I just jammed together, Carl on bass and me on guitar. If memory, which is not at all reliable, serves, this lick was Carl's. We jammed it and did several takes. Just drums, 1 guitar track, and 1 bass track. No vocals. My singing is better when I don't. This genre is a little bit different than my last post. Watch your volume, or listen to it, but be aware this might be loud, which, of course, is relative. Speaking of relativity:
      There was a young lady named Bright
      Who's speed was much faster than light
      She set out one day
      In a relative way
      And returned on the previous night
      Working title was BluesLick and later renamed "Higher" by Carl.
      Higher_mix2.mp3