Clancy

Calling all PlaneTalkers. Your feedback please.

Clancy    36

I was hoping that anyone here who is also a member of Kirk's Private PlaneTalkers' forum could give me some feedback on this new forum format.

I'm planning to upgrade the PlaneTalkers' forum but just want to know if there is anything here that you don't think would work over there, or anything that you don't like that I could maybe disable. Also anything that is missing here that you would like to see over there.

Thanks in advance.

Clancy 

6string    81

I prefer the way the Unread Content operates in the PlaneTalkers' forum compared to here.  The little arrow that points down and displays the first post, last post and

first unread post of a thread. (maybe I just don't have this forum set up properly?)  No big thing though.

• Like 1

Clancy    36
5 minutes ago, 6string said:

I prefer the way the Unread Content operates in the PlaneTalkers' forum compared to here.  The little arrow that points down and displays the first post, last post and

first unread post of a thread. (maybe I just don't have this forum set up properly?)  No big thing though.

That is a neat feature. I never even saw it there. I don't think we can have that here but I'll find out. 

si16    10
11 hours ago, Clancy said:

That is a neat feature. I never even saw it there. I don't think we can have that here but I'll find out. 

I think it did work on here at one time but may have been a few few upgrades ago.

Clancy    36
14 minutes ago, si16 said:

I think it did work on here at one time but may have been a few few upgrades ago.

It would have been the same as the PlaneTalkers' forum before this upgrade. This last one was a pretty major upgrade. Most things are for the better I think but that was a nice feature. 

Andrevn    3

Hi Clancy, Being relatively new here and on PT, I cannot comment fully yet. But as a novice to both sites, I struggle a little with finding my way around. I sometimes find good content, but then next time can't remember exactly where it was and it takes some time looking for it. Many times, it is embedded in old conversations. So for me, some more comprehensive and accessible index might be cool, especially to find older posts, thus not having to restart a discussion.

One other thing I noticed is that in long discussions, with the oldest post staying at the top, one does not immediately see the latest response, or whether there was a response. I suppose there are other tools that do show this, I may just not be aware of them. I am not sure there is a better way though. What if there was a choice to sort with oldest at the top vs newest at the top.

One thing I noticed that many people ask at PT, is whether there is a sequence to the lessons. Again, as a newbie, it is not clear exactly how to proceed, although there is the first "stop" which is clear. I am still trying to figure if Kirk want this deliberately, to allow monitoring of progress and then advising on a personal level. That sounds like a lot of work for Kirk though.

Kirk recently sent me a reply containing two older videos, which I found to be exactly what I needed. He said they were not lessons, thus not visible on the site. I imagine there could be much similar content, which members may enjoy or find instructive. So, adding to my first paragraph, what about a searchable database of media content?

Apologies if I am asking a bit much here, just thinking out loud....

André