• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By trevxmusic
      Hello! I'm Trevor, I'm 19 and I've been involved in a lot of projects and jam sessions growing up with my friends. I've only focused on vocals for 4-5 years and I've kind of just gotten tired of it. I want to actually learn an instrument and a note system that I can directly understand and make use of for many types of genres not being restricted by a vocal range. 

The situation right now is that I don't own a guitar with more than 3 strings and it will take a few weeks in order to get one and I had questions based on what I can start trying to learn now while I'm waiting to get my hands on a working guitar. As the years go by and I get more skilled, I'd like to focus mainly on Math Rock, similar to artists like CHON and Via Luna. I specify this because I love the emotion that can be given simply from instrumental music and it has a big factor in my self development. So here are my questions;

1. Based on where I want to take my guitar playing, what type of guitar should I look to purchase, an acoustic, or electric?

2. What topics should I look up and study before I obtain a working guitar, I have a 3 string acoustic that I can use as a reference for notes, etc.? Stuff that I can write down and study every day like music theory, but wanted to know if there is more than that.

3. I am avoiding physical lessons, so when I have a guitar, who would you guys recommend for beginners wanting to pursue in more technical finger tapping riffs, or if I should start and learn the basics before branching off into that?

Thank You! (:
    • By Tuunaamii
      Hi guys, newbie on this forum. I've searched extensively, without success, for a solution.

i bought a rocktile Jazz Bass kit (I know, not great quality, just wanted to see if I could do it) . The problem is there were no wiring instructions, I've managed to find instructions elsewhere on the net. But now I've found I have a "stray" single core wire soldered to the back of the tone pot, and I haven't a clue where to attach the other end. 
      I've got an earth wire running from the back of the bridge pickup volume pot to the bridge, and I wonder if the stray wire might also be an earth, but attached to what? 
      Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

• By Rockerbob
      On December 9th Carl and I had a jam session and recorded it.  Carl plays bass, I play guitar, and a guest, Dismal Turgid, on drums.  We played it through a couple times and then picked our favorite.

This is also my mix, without Carl helping.  I don't hear low frequencies well at all.  But, I gave it my best shot as a mix.  Its a fairly easy mix.  Just drums, bass, and guitar.

Let me know what you think of my half deaf jamming and mixing.  Its different now that I can't hear well.

http://www.rockerbob.com/mp3/BluesJam Dec 9 2017 mix2.mp3

• By Rockerbob
      Christmas music.  This is my arrangement of "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear."  I played it in DADGAD tuning.

Merry Christmas

http://www.rockerbob.com/mp3/Midnight Clear_newmaster1.mp3
    • By Airlane1979
      Hi all

I live in the UK and I'm thinking of taking a guitar exam. I've been playing basic electric rhythm guitar (although I have pro-level keyboard skills) for a long time and I want a structured motivation to improve my playing, as this is mainly a solo hobby. There appear to be three organisations providing exams: Trinity Guildhall, London College of Music and Rockschool. Does anyone have experience of these and could offer advice?

Thanks