• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By popster
      As an old guy who is 50 years old, I finally decided on a hobby and it's the guitar.  

I ordered the cheapest electric guitar beginner set on Amazon.

If I stick with this consistently for 6 months, I will invest in good equipment.

Well, it's been 9 months, I spend an hour each day; 5 days a week practicing guitar.

Now, I'm in the process of upgrading to a semi-hollow or hollow body guitar.

I admit that I'm an incredibly slow learner and youtube.com guitar lessons drive me nuts.

I started a subscription to guitartricks.com and the introductory lessons are really slow;  to my liking.

Since I have a million questions about equipment, I'll hold off because there are other areas to post those questions.

But, I'd like to network with other beginner guitarists (less than 6 months experience) in the Washington D.C. metro area (Rockville, MD).

If anybody can give advice on how to meet other beginner guitarists, then I welcome your advice.

My girlfriend hates going to Guitar Center with me and doesn't practice her acoustic guitar so it would be nice to meet others with similar interests.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Wish me luck.

popster 

• By texred
      Looking for a low end solid body with humbuckers, set in neck, coil splitter, stuff

• By Y_SO_Acoustic
      hi guys, This is my first YouTube cover. We need your unbiased feedback. view here

• By trevxmusic
      Hello! I'm Trevor, I'm 19 and I've been involved in a lot of projects and jam sessions growing up with my friends. I've only focused on vocals for 4-5 years and I've kind of just gotten tired of it. I want to actually learn an instrument and a note system that I can directly understand and make use of for many types of genres not being restricted by a vocal range. 

The situation right now is that I don't own a guitar with more than 3 strings and it will take a few weeks in order to get one and I had questions based on what I can start trying to learn now while I'm waiting to get my hands on a working guitar. As the years go by and I get more skilled, I'd like to focus mainly on Math Rock, similar to artists like CHON and Via Luna. I specify this because I love the emotion that can be given simply from instrumental music and it has a big factor in my self development. So here are my questions;

1. Based on where I want to take my guitar playing, what type of guitar should I look to purchase, an acoustic, or electric?

2. What topics should I look up and study before I obtain a working guitar, I have a 3 string acoustic that I can use as a reference for notes, etc.? Stuff that I can write down and study every day like music theory, but wanted to know if there is more than that.

3. I am avoiding physical lessons, so when I have a guitar, who would you guys recommend for beginners wanting to pursue in more technical finger tapping riffs, or if I should start and learn the basics before branching off into that?

Thank You! (:
    • By Rockerbob
      On December 9th Carl and I had a jam session and recorded it.  Carl plays bass, I play guitar, and a guest, Dismal Turgid, on drums.  We played it through a couple times and then picked our favorite.

This is also my mix, without Carl helping.  I don't hear low frequencies well at all.  But, I gave it my best shot as a mix.  Its a fairly easy mix.  Just drums, bass, and guitar.

Let me know what you think of my half deaf jamming and mixing.  Its different now that I can't hear well.

http://www.rockerbob.com/mp3/BluesJam Dec 9 2017 mix2.mp3