Rockerbob    47

Here is simple little groove that Carl and I have mostly finished.  We don't have a name yet, but one will present itself.  They always do.

Its simple, repetitive, and a little laid back.  I kinda like it.  Most of the simple melody is 3 notes.  3 was all I needed. 

Carl's bass part really swings.

"It don't mean a thing if it don't got that swing."

k-boogie_mix1.mp3

Rockerbob    47
5 minutes ago, mset3 said:

Rockerbob,

It swings to me! Nice one.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. 

Did you ever try to convert MIDI to notation with swing?  You end up with lots of dotted 8ths and 16ths.  Usually it looks like a jumble of dotted, double dotted, and tied16th notes or tied dotted 16ths.  It should be written straight, without the "swing" built into the notation.  Then at the top of the page add the notation "Swing."  That's why I can't read music.  Too many weird things to describe for which there are no words or symbols.  Although I have picked up a little music theory over the years, its not enough to hurt my playing.

Rockerbob    47

I just made a new mix that is almost the same, but I cut out even more notes to give it space to breathe.  I think this simple cut of a few notes improves the mix.  Space is grace, or so I've heard.

k-boogie_mix2.mp3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Flokostas
      I have 350€ and i want to buy an amp for home practising. I've done a little research and I've found some amps: Blackstar id 30tvp, marshall mg30cf, vox vt 20x, fender mustang 2 and peavy vypyr 2. I want my amp to have good distortion and a good clean channel. Which one should i buy? Can you propose me a better amp for the money?
    • By Deni Kitov
      Hello guys,
      I want to ask one (maybe stupid) question. I'm playing a lot of heavy metal and genres like this but lately I have been improvising some jazz over backing tracks. I'm wondering what scale should I play over some chords. For example one backing track was in E. The rhythm played E7 chord I played E pentatonic scale (don't know if it fits the chord) and then the rhythm changed to A7 and I was still playing E pentatonic major but it sounded out of key and I than started to play E major scale. Should I change to A major scale or I will go out of key? So what scale to choose over what chords - for example the progression is C7 - Dm7. Should I play only C major over both of the chords or should I change the scale ?? :/ 
      Thanks in advance!
    • By jaykobe
      Hello Everyone! MY name is Jay and i want to begin to learn how to play guitar .They can be very expensive, What is a good stepping stone for me to start? I really have no experience.HELP!!!
    • By IZ Alviso
      Hey guys, im currently learning this song and i want to know what guitar technique the guitarist played at 0:50 - 1:11 in this video right here? Wanna learn it. Thanks
      . Cheers
    • By onacarom
      Marcus Nalgaber - Hot Bugaloo - Funky Fusion 

Best regards