monty

Garage Band

monty    0

i want to buy a new computer.

is it worth getting a mac mini for garage band because i hear it is very good. do you guys have any thoughts on garage band.

cheers monty

Clancy    36

monty,

This thread might help you out a bit.

I personally don't think there's anything you could do on a mac that you couldn't do on a PC for around half the price, but having said that, I have never looked at Garage Band and it might be an incredible program. Rockerbob and Neilsonite are two of our members that I know use macs, maybe one of them might want to pipe up with some advice... but I would go and read the thread I mentioned above first.

Cheers

Clancy

monty    0

i want to hear my playing with a drum kit and my friends also want to use their instruments on my computer as none of my friends have a drum kit

bleomonkey    0

I have used garage band before and it is great for recording anything. U can record multiple instruments on different tracks, there are pre-existing licks and beats for tons of instruments (u can change the notes if you want), and it is easy. it may not be worth the tons of money, though.

Tekker    1

Garage band is one of the cheaper recording programs for Mac, so I would say it's probably not worth paying a lot more for a Mac when you could just put that money into getting a better recording program and a better recording interface for the PC. ;)

-tkr

lorirocks    1

I have an iMac with Garage Band. I can't figure out how to use my Garage Band. It's not ADHD friendly. I'm not patient at reading instructions either though.

737blues    0

Garage Band is a very nice little program but I wouldn't have thought it was worth buying a whole new computer for.

Hmmm ... don't Macs came with a collie dog and small boy to help with the assembly? Instruction book not required.