• Spending time with the kids
    • Spending time with your other half
    • Friends calling round uninvited
    • Housework
    • Homework
    • Sleeping
    • All of the above
    • All of the above plus

I'm so bummed cos have a Spanish tutorial this evening which means less time for my guitar and the forum. Really starting to dislike it...!!! That'll teach me for trying to do too many things at once..!!

What do you guys resent that takes you away (even if briefly)?

I leave the house at 6 AM and get home around 7:30 PM , Monday - Friday doesn't leave much time to practice but I get my time in when I can.

Hmmm.....Well, certain days I absolutely hate my job. :whip: But it pays well and at least I'm blessed to have a job. :D Does it get in the way of the fun things, sure. but I'm not gonna rag on it. :isaynothing:

I love time with the family. I like it when friends drop by unannounced ( it's usually on weekends when the wife wants me to help with the yardwork!) :escape:

Now, what I'm getting to resent more and more is little bits of wisdom. Things like,"take care of what you OUGHT to do, then do what you WANT to do"....man! That usually comes up whenever I think I have a break and want to sit down to practice or play! RATS! You try to teach your kids good examples and then you catch yourself in a situation that calls for YOU to be the good example.....ERRRRR! :brickwall:

Ah well, When I do get the time, it makes it all that much better!

:thumbup:

Keep Jammin'!!

falling asleep when i'm enjoying reading all the input from all you out there.

it's 1:25 a.m.here at home. {upstate new york} elwood

I wish I had more time for guitar practise but the ol' everyday household duties etc seem to soak up that time. But that's life 'eh!

Hehehe

Seems like WORK is the most popular then :clap: :clap: :clap:. Didn't really think anyone would choose any of the other options.......except perhaps housework and homework.......ya never know though..!! I'm like you Andy.....love spending time with family and friends (although perhaps they don't always like spending time with me.......especially when I've guitar in hand trying to play). :lol:

Guess we all gotta stick with work to be able to afford our addiction.

tpolitz..........that's an awfully long day. Poor you..!! :(

Take care y'all. Was just me having a bit of a gripe last night..!!

Hehehe

Seems like WORK is the most popular then :clap: :clap: :clap:. Didn't really think anyone would choose any of the other options.......except perhaps housework and homework.......ya never know though..!! I'm like you Andy.....love spending time with family and friends (although perhaps they don't always like spending time with me.......especially when I've guitar in hand trying to play). :lol:

Guess we all gotta stick with work to be able to afford our addiction.

tpolitz..........that's an awfully long day. Poor you..!! :(

Take care y'all. Was just me having a bit of a gripe last night..!!

No big deal Misty, unfortunately I fall into that income bracket that makes to much money for financial assistance to get my daughters through college and not enough to get all the tax breaks! Middle income sucks! :brickwall:;)

No big deal Misty, unfortunately I fall into that income bracket that makes to much money for financial assistance to get my daughters through college and not enough to get all the tax breaks! Middle income sucks! :brickwall:;)

What a bummer tp. Sorry to hear that.!!

Chin up..........at least you've got your guitar..!! :D

What a bummer tp. Sorry to hear that.!!

Chin up..........at least you've got your guitar..!! :D

Yup! It really does have a calming affect after a long day at the office.... and sometimes it just frustrates me even more :D

Yup! It really does have a calming affect after a long day at the office.... and sometimes it just frustrates me even more :D

Yeah, know what you mean Tommy. Somedays I can strike a chord and it sounds real good but the next day it's like I'd never done it before. :brickwall:

My motto is........"Just keep trying"........it's bound to get easier.

All of the above plus cleaning out the cats' litterbox.

24 hours wouldn't even be enough time in a day for me. I want to play the guitar more than that. (Hooked, I guess)