luis_91_91

Why "THE guitar" big deal...? pedals do so much more

Hi...

I struggled so much when buying my first guitar looking 4 the "right sound" but... truth is processor pedals or amp with processor, simulate many different amps and sounds like rockabilly, Metal, country, blues, even artist's sounds...

Here I leave a link (I own a basic Digitech and Mustang III) so u can have a sneak-peak

In my oppinion (imo) sound modelling processors do the trick, Could someone please tell me why I am so wrong??? :D :D

Tnx guys!

For me.....just a few reasons and these reasons are purely personal preferences, nothing else.

There is nothing more beautiful sounding than a guitar with good tone, whatever that tone may be since we all hear things

differently and have different tastes.

Hooking up a guitar with poor quality tone will only give you poor quality sound, no matter how many pedals or processors you hook it up to.

Garbage in........garbage out.

Poor tone can even be caused by poor technique so basically you could be hiding bad habits instead of improving your playing.

Modeling only gives an approximation of a sound. It is never exact and some are even horrible. I have a pedal that has a "resonator"

setting on it. Some one somewhere built a pedal that has never heard a resonator before and I was the lucky one to buy it. I am an idiot.

Having said that, tone and sound quality are purely subjective. We all like different things, we all play differently, have different skills and different goals.

If you like what you do keep on doing it. I will do what I do. Neither of us is right or wrong. We just have different tastes and opinions in what sounds good to us.

For me.....just a few reasons and these reasons are purely personal preferences, nothing else.

There is nothing more beautiful sounding than a guitar with good tone, whatever that tone may be since we all hear things

differently and have different tastes.

Hooking up a guitar with poor quality tone will only give you poor quality sound, no matter how many pedals or processors you hook it up to.

Garbage in........garbage out.

Poor tone can even be caused by poor technique so basically you could be hiding bad habits instead of improving your playing.

Modeling only gives an approximation of a sound. It is never exact and some are even horrible. I have a pedal that has a "resonator"

setting on it. Some one somewhere built a pedal that has never heard a resonator before and I was the lucky one to buy it. I am an idiot.

Having said that, tone and sound quality are purely subjective. We all like different things, we all play differently, have different skills and different goals.

If you like what you do keep on doing it. I will do what I do. Neither of us is right or wrong. We just have different tastes and opinions in what sounds good to us.

I'm sorry for u about resonator, seems like even the company that made them went broke. Maybe u could "pass it over" selling it to an alternative-experimental-entrly-level-musician?

Could it be possible that I record the guitar sound (via cable to a computer, the "cleanest" way i know) so you might give me your appreciation? On true-bypass and maybe a couple of modeled effects?