Rockerbob

Last chance to vote for me

carol m    64

I've also been voting. You are still stuck on 7. Come on people, get voting.

Multiple voting doesn't seem right, but if everyone else does, it's the only way to compete. Perhaps people are encouraged to vote multiple times by the Indie website, but maybe they only count each computer IP once? That would keep visitors returning but doesn't bias the voting? Sounds like the sort of thing that marketing people might think up to boost their traffic?

Rockerbob    47

I've also been voting. You are still stuck on 7. Come on people, get voting.

Multiple voting doesn't seem right, but if everyone else does, it's the only way to compete. Perhaps people are encouraged to vote multiple times by the Indie website, but maybe they only count each computer IP once? That would keep visitors returning but doesn't bias the voting? Sounds like the sort of thing that marketing people might think up to boost their traffic?

Yes, I was the 7th entry and the 7 have not changed during voting.The 6 above me have not changed position either. Something is fishy about the voting.

But Thanks for your support!

Rockerbob    47

Prizes for the top 3. I was at 7 from posting until the close of voting and I finished 17th. I'm beginning to think this is not an audience for my style of music. And unless you win you don't get any stats on how many entered, etc. Nothing. Nada. You lost so we are going to ignore you. I don't get to see how many votes I got. Nothing at all. I think I'm done with them. I have 2 songs posted that are not in voting yet. I'll post a link but I don't think they really count votes. If they did it would be easy to tell me how many votes my song received. It's frustrating and disappointing. :brickwall:

I have considered the idea that my songs are crap. It's always a consideration. A philosophy I can ignore.

I have one coming up in a country song contest and an instrumental solo contest. I'll post when voting begins. These will be the last 2 and I will close out my account. I get ignored on YouTube and its less of a headache.

Rockerbob    47

Just heard this.

Such strong words that carry a story in each word.

Thanks for listening and commenting. I try to have some meaning in my lyrics, but it doesn't always work out that way. This was written during very interesting times.

sheraton    20

How'do Bob :)

Your songs are far from Crap so don't even entertain that thought :)

your songs have meaning and feeling and you express yourself - this is what counts - and this can't be judged to be better or worse than anyone else expressing themselves with meaning and feeling.

Music is not a competition, making a competition of music causes a conflict between expressing what you need/want/like to.... and trying to express what others want/like you to express.

oh aye......and i don't vote :D

hope you're Good Bob ;)

Paul............

Rockerbob    47

Sadly, things are not going well. Due to my Meniere's disease and dizzy spells I might lose my driver's license this week. I need to find a job, but I won't be able to get to interviews and/or commute everyday without driving. I may well be a hazard on the road. The doctors decide.

My hearing has gotten worse.

I agree that making music that makes you happy is the right way to go, but not always marketable. Even if they are, I don't know anything about marketing. I write songs. I play guitar. Not so much of either recently.

I do appreciate the good wishes.

Keith

How'do Bob :)

Your songs are far from Crap so don't even entertain that thought :)

your songs have meaning and feeling and you express yourself - this is what counts - and this can't be judged to be better or worse than anyone else expressing themselves with meaning and feeling.

Music is not a competition, making a competition of music causes a conflict between expressing what you need/want/like to.... and trying to express what others want/like you to express.

oh aye......and i don't vote :D

hope you're Good Bob ;)

Paul............

carol m    64

Hey there RB, sorry to hear that things have got worse, and how they are affecting how you live each day. I can't begin to imagine how awful that would be.

You do know, don't you, that your music is great, always has been, and still is? - don't ever think otherwise. You may think it falls short of what you used to be able to do, but your music has gained something extra that maybe you don't realize - now it is much more personal, more passionate, more intense, and shows more feeling/experience on top of the great guitar skills and vocals you have always had, and still have.

It's not every singer/songwriter who has had the extreme ups and downs of your life experiences - that is something that is exceptional and personal to you. OK these experiences are extremely difficult, and no one would choose to have them in their life, but the effects and consequences of such experiences can be profound in creative ways, and that is what comes through in the music you make now.

I've just had an idea! - dangerous at the best of times... how about writing a book???? Write it all down - it could be a masterpiece...I see a Nobel Prize beckoning....... :) And I want a first edition signed copy....

Rockerbob    47

Thanks, Carol.

I wrote another protest song over the weekend. I'm starting to lay down drums so I have a timekeeper, then rhythm guitar, then 20 or more takes of the vocals which my collaborator goes through and finds the bits that are in tune and creates a composite track. My lyrics are mostly dark these days, and yes, insanity seems to promote creativity, but not happiness.

You are the second person who suggested trying to write. My biggest problem is it takes me a long time to sound easy and fluid. A simple forum post like this one takes me 20-30 minutes while I word and reword sentences and paragraphs to better express myself and make the reading easy for the reader. I only made it through 8th grade in school and did not graduate because I failed, of all things, art. I try hard to follow grammar rules and punctuation. These things make reading it easier, but I don't have an in-depth knowledge of proper grammar. My son helps as English is one of his majors at University along with biology, psychology, and mathematics with minors in Chemistry and Astrophysics. He doesn't have much time to edit the old man's writing. I'm100% certain he would do it without any reservations if I ask him, but he's real busy keeping his straight A's in all his classes. I type stream of conscience and then go back and decode what I really meant. When I write songs, some of which don't have more than 20 words, I use up the eraser on the pencil before the pencil is half used. It's weird, I guess, that I write song words by hand in pencil, but everything else is typed directly into the computer. Lots of edits either way.

And I have spend more than 30 minutes on this post, so I'll stop now.

Keith

6string    81

failed, of all things, art.

shows that that system is flawed because you are definitely an artist, more so than the teacher/judger or creator of the course (assuming they were some kind of artist)

And I have spend more than 30 minutes on this post, so I'll stop now.

I understand this but can't explain how as it is a symptom of itself.

• Like 1

Rockerbob    47

I usually write too much and then chisel it down to something a bit more concise. Same with recording. I record many more tracks than are ever used and chisel it down. That's what takes all the time. Also, my mind wanders these days. It doesn't always tell me where its been.